Neptuna cradle rod blank

Started by mikeysm, July 22, 2017, 05:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Not yet John looking for better epoxy.
The stuff I have is crap so I need to get a slower setting epoxy.  If anyone comes across a rod blank let me know. I have a red 349h nos ready to install that Randy sold me. Also I would like t
o find some guides .

Mike.

54bullseye

I will bet Randy Pauly will have an old school rod that would work for your project. Even if you had to redo it. I don't know if you saw the recent post of the rod I put into the one of a kind unknown cradle  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=21037.30  The rod I used was an old rod with a butt and a ferrule similar to the one I sent you. I heated up the ferrule and got it off with water pump pliers then stripped old glue off down to rod blank. Then I built up rod with fiberglass tape and epoxy to fit new ferrule "like one I sent you" then I epoxied it on making sure the guides were straight with reel. Also you need to make sure !!!!! you put the nut on before glueing the ferrule.  I have included a few pictures of the cradle I did it to and a rod I have you could use to do same as I did. If you have interest in the rod I would sell it to you for $80 plus shipping that is what I paid for it. It is all Aftco old style rollers and they all work. Let me know if you can't find anything out your way if you want it and no hard feelings if you don't.

As far as glue or epoxy to fasten piece you got from me to cradle I would use "JB Weld" it works great !!   Thanks       John Taylor

54bullseye

If you blow up pictures you will see that it is a nice old school "reddish colored" rod blank surely from southern California and if you took your time you could turn it into a quick easy job.    John Taylor

mikeysm

Randy told me he is not into rods just reels. But I will ask him to keep his eyes open for me. I ordered a Conolon blank. I will see if it will work.

Mike

mikeysm

Here is a updated photo of my cradle 349.

Mike

54bullseye

Mike
Any luck with the rod for the cradle yet ?     John Taylor

mikeysm

Yes I am going to use a 30-80 lb sabre tuna blank with mildrum roller guides. I received the guides yesterday so I'm ready to go. All nos parts.