Suggestion for Product

Started by nelz, July 23, 2017, 06:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nelz

I would love to see Smoooth Drag offer for sale a container of Cal's Drag Grease that's more than 1oz and less than a pound. One's too small and the other too big!  Any chance of that?

Btw, there's a seller on the auction site that offers 2oz for $10 shipped. However, I trust the Smoooth Drag folks and prefer to keep dealing with them as I have been for years.

mizmo67

Cal's only sells their grease in the 1 oz and 1 lb packaging.

The various ebay guys appear to be buying the 1 lb tubs and then repackaging it to sell in 1 oz or 2 oz containers.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Shark Hunter

If the 1 lb is too big, you don't have enough reels. ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

nelz

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 26, 2017, 08:26:18 PM
If the 1 lb is too big, you don't have enough reels. ;)

My wife would beg to differ!

Fishy247

Enough reels? What is this that you speak of? I didn't think there was such a thing....

Whit

Too many reels?   That falls in the category of too rich or too skinny  :D

Benni3

My dad saw my reels and asked me if a was going to buy a party boat or something  :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Benni3 on August 09, 2017, 02:19:01 AM
My dad saw my reels and asked me if a was going to buy a party boat or something  :D
:D...control yourself Benni :).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 09, 2017, 02:29:11 AM
:D...control yourself Benni :).
your right uncle Sal no more reels for now got to save up to break that 16/0 in  :D

FatTuna

I bought the 1lb tub when I first started servicing reels. I'm still on the original tub.

Dawn

I've asked Cal to think about it, I could repackage, but it's such a time consuming mess :)

Dawn
Dawn

nelz

Quote from: Dawn on August 21, 2017, 06:28:57 PM
I've asked Cal to think about it, I could repackage, but it's such a time consuming mess :)
Dawn

Yes, I imagine it would be! Thanks Dawn.

Midway Tommy

My neighbor & his 14 year old son are big fishing addicts. I showed his son the display cased part of my collection. He said I've got more reels on display than Scheels.  :o My wife overheard that comment and just shook her head.  ;D   
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

steelfish

Quote from: Midway Tommy on August 22, 2017, 04:10:36 PM

My neighbor & his 14 year old son are big fishing addicts. I showed his son the display cased part of my collection. He said I've got more reels on display than Scheels.  :o My wife overheard that comment and just shook her head.  ;D   

soo, one of my worst mistakes I have done, was to put in my new wood cabinet drawer all my reels that I have, I used to have them all over the house in different places, on basement the heavy offshore reels, bedroom have my inshore reels, in laundry room I have my "projects reels and servicing reels", then one day my wife ordered a big cabinet for my fishing gear as gift, dont get me wrong it was gorgeus, but then she saw all my reels togueter and she said, pretty sure you are covered on you fishing reel needs for many years, right?
::) ::) ::)

ladies.. what do they know !!

now, Im filling with reels again the empty spaces on the laudry room, bedroom, etc  ;D ;D ;D

back in the topic, 1oz container is a good size for the drag for many reels, you can always buy 2 of 1oz each time and save a bit on shipping, that what I normally do when ordering from smoothdrags
The Baja Guy