Suggestion for Product

Started by nelz, July 23, 2017, 06:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decker

Quote from: Benni3 on August 09, 2017, 02:19:01 AM
My dad saw my reels and asked me if a was going to buy a party boat or something  :D

LOL, when my wife sees my tackle (which is a very modest collection), she asks when we are moving to the coast.  ::)

Fishead

There are many problems to having a LOT of reels. 1- using them all. 2 keeping fresh line on them all so they are good to go when you want to use them. 3- servicing them all. 4- this is the most important one- convincing the wife you need just ONE more or that you really do NEED all the ones you already have.
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Shark Hunter

If you know how many reels you actually have, you don't have enough.
Personally, I have no Idea. ;)
Life is Good!

Brewcrafter

Heh heh, we have all been there.  Reminds me of a story one of my fishing pals told me (he was Law Enforcement, but also had an FFL and ran a small gun business tailored to LEO's before he retired).  One day he brought in an order of some nice stainless sidearms, and showed one to a colleague that had an extensive collection.  His response - "I'd love to buy it but I can't.  Everything I own has a blued finish and my wife thinks I only own 1 pistol, and while I can explain a lot of things even she would notice the difference..." ;D

David Hall

I'm with Daron, I only regret that I have some really beautiful reels and they're all hidden from view.  I can have as many as I want but I'm not allowed to display them in her house.  The garage is mine!
While recovering from a surgery I spent many days building reels and setting them on the mantle in the living room.  Soon I had the entire mantle covered with beautiful accurate comversions and tiburon builds.
After a month or so my wife paused as she was walking through the room and stated, tomorrow they will be in the garage, either you can do it neatly or I'll do it and they'll be all over the floor.  So I took the hint and moved them out with the rest of the reels.  I've been watching my local goodwill store for a display case and toying with the idea of building one.  I'm short of room out there so not sure where it's going to go when I find one? These are the troubles of building and collecting.

Shark Hunter

With all the grandkids coming, my Wife has been on me to get rid of a train set downstairs that me and my son Built when he was very young.
He is 26 now. She is just making room for all the baby stuff.
I told her last night, I would do it, but the majority of the area would be my reel workshop.
She agreed, Because I had the Kitchen Table littered with reels.
Winnah!
Life is Good!

Brewcrafter

Hopefully you are boxing up that train set to pull back out when the Grandkids are ready!