Penn international 30

Started by Pipe dream, July 23, 2017, 10:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pipe dream

I have a Penn international 30 and my reel seat has broken. The part seems to be no longer available. Any thoughts?

Swami805

Tiburon makes a topless frame that would be nice but pricey. I have a few, makes life easy casting. Otherwise  one could turn up here in the next few days.
Just curious how did it break?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Pipe dream

Bought it that way. Didn't know it would be this hard to get a replacement. I should have done better research!!

PacRat

I have a Tiburon or Accuframe that will fit a 30. It's a full frame (not topless). I won't be able to access it until next week. Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig it up. It's new in the box.
Mike

Pipe dream

Can you send me a picture of it?

Robert Janssen

Whit

Please be careful about which 30 you are talking about:

The first generation 30 International ("Bar model") had only three aftermarket framemakers:  1) Tiburon 2) Accurate and 3) Cals.  1 and 2 were full frame.  The Cals was a I/2 (actually about 1/3 frame).  A couple other frame makers based out of the west coast popped up only to disappear over the years.

Great reels, but the stock chrome plated brass stands on these reels were weak, especially if you ran line 80 and up.   They would just torque under pressure.  They were designed for 30 lb test.  My favorite was the Cals; too bad they don't make them any more.

Later came the 30s and SW's, followed by the next generation.   To my recollection these were all tube frames.  I don't remember seeing a topless frame for the SW, but think Tiburon made one in the s model.

I might have a 1st gen Tiburon frame or two lurking around, if you are still looking.... Pls PM me.

Whit

Pipe dream

From what I was told it is an issue olde reel maybe late 70s. The piece I'm looking for is the chrome reel seat it is held to the reel by 3 screws. Two of my screw holes are broke out. If someone could tex me a picture of what you got I can let you know if it is the correct one. I was told by my local reel repair shop that the part number is 30-30 and that part is no longer made.

Pipe dream

My day phone number is 732-608-4327

Robert Janssen

Here is what i have. All in excellent condition.  Will be in touch later.

54bullseye

Well I sent this guy (Pipe Dream) a stand or reel seat for his early International And just asked him to send me shipping $7.65 priority and a few bucks for reel seat what ever he wanted !!  I have tried texting him and calling him and he won't answer either ??? Before I sent the part he answered every time I called or texted him. I sent him tracking so I know it was delivered ???  Oh well live and learn !!!!   John Taylor

Tightlines667

Quote from: 54bullseye on August 07, 2017, 12:47:15 AM
Well I sent this guy (Pipe Dream) a stand or reel seat for his early International And just asked him to send me shipping $7.65 priority and a few bucks for reel seat what ever he wanted !!  I have tried texting him and calling him and he won't answer either ??? Before I sent the part he answered every time I called or texted him. I sent him tracking so I know it was delivered ???  Oh well live and learn !!!!   John Taylor

You paid it forward, he dropped back.  I was going to offer the same parts, but you beat me to it.  I would have asked for retail cost since and shipping up front, especially since they are no longer available.

John P
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Pipe dream

John, I have been out of town for work and from there went directly to meet my family on vacation in Myrtle Beach. My wife told me the package has arrived I just haven't been home to open it yet. If you are texting me try me on my 856-986-3265 number. Sorry for the delay in payment. I will send it to you as soon as I get home on Sunday. Thanks again for the help! PS is your address enclosed in box?