Penn fierce 2 live liner

Started by Stoneyfisher, July 24, 2017, 02:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stoneyfisher

what parts would be recommend to upgrade. And is there any way to upgrade the live liner drag.  I'm planning on upgrading the spool drag soon

oc1

I never pass up an opportunity to bash the Penn Fierce.  It may not be worth upgrading because they do not last for long..
-steve

Stoneyfisher

Sorry I can't afford a $200 penn >:(

handi2

Their LL function is at its best as it is. The problem is it wont last very long. 2 years is very good. The reel will last longer. New Carbontex drags for the spool.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Tiddlerbasher

At the cheap end of the market I have for some time favoured Okuma spinners. I Have a couple of live liner/bait feeder reels - A Trio and Ceymar. If I want a large - say 65/80 size baitfeeder I use one of the baitfeeder drag knobs on a standard reel. Like the one on this page, it will work for all of the large Okuma spinners :):

https://www.fishingmegastore.com/baitfeeder--big-pit-reels_2462.html?&filter_brand=OKUMA

Servicing a baitfeeder reel is a reel PITA - I try to avoid it. If the baitfeeder goes wrong and the reel is unusable - I either bin it or strip for parts. Its replacement is cheap enough.