Daiwa Sealine 610 Rock Cod Special

Started by pompano joe, July 26, 2017, 03:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pompano joe

Number 1 of 14...this is the prototype of a project that began over the weekend.  The short story is that friend And charter captain  bought 2 "all up" Daiwa 910 Rock Cod Specials I built for my son Ian to catch shark.  He saw them in the shop and thought he'd like them to winch Big Grouper out of structure.  He was so impressed that he came back two years later with a plan to replace all of his bottom reels with metal Sealines. 

After procuring the needed reels, 14 total, we both dug in to totally disassembled and degreased them.  Then he blasted every aluminum frame, side plate and foot to a natural finish and applied a clear coat specifically made to protect aluminum and other metals in the marine environment. 

Add a 5+1 carbon fiber upgrade, off-set power handle and T-bar, and this is what we got.  The reel pictured is a Daiwa Sealine 610 Rock Cod Special.  Anybody got a stump that needs pullin?

Ian Prestridge  #daiwafishing
Pompano Joe

thorhammer

You have my attention....whats the clear coat? Great build .

Bryan Young

Looks great!🤙
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cor

Cornelis

mhc

It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

pompano joe

It's called Shark Hyde.  The owner has used it on his aluminum boat for the last couple of years and wanted to try it.  I'm always game for another coating option!  I'll let you know. 

Quote from: thorhammer on July 26, 2017, 03:22:27 AM
Pompano Joe

thorhammer

noted. I have a 50 SL that Simple Green gave a nice crap brown patina to, but it had to be done. pawn shop nasty.

ez2cdave

All of the DAIWA 610 Rock Cod Specials I have ever seen had an unusual grip on top of the frame . . .

Tight Lines !

thorhammer

Quote from: pompano joe on July 26, 2017, 04:23:27 PM
It's called Shark Hyde.  The owner has used it on his aluminum boat for the last couple of years and wanted to try it.  I'm always game for another coating option!  I'll let you know. 

Quote from: thorhammer on July 26, 2017, 03:22:27 AM

Where does one find it? I have a few hand-made aluminum parts I need to coat.

Thanks!

John

thorhammer

ez2cdave

kevin cozens

Sorry for opening with a late reply.
I have just brought one in perfect running order.
I had only ever seen them in pictures.
As soon as i see the reel i had to have it.
It was only £40 ($48us)

Swami805

Back in the day of 5lb sinkers and Dacron
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ExcessiveAngler

Nice, grab on that beast!
Did you just snatch that one on eBay?
I am definitely a fan, of the old, much smaller, original Japan Sealines, they're great reels!
Foolishly sold off a mint 27H, still have a very nice condition 30H, and a couple Japan SL30SH size casting reels!