ambassadeur six

Started by hubbytub, August 19, 2017, 04:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hubbytub

Folks I have 2 of these small reels and both are a little tatty with one having some of the black paint removed and the frame bars (if thats what they are called) have corrosion to them. Is there a parts list for spares on here and also what paint could I use if I wanted to do a DIY touch up. They both work OK including the level winds and plan to get more use out of them.

Edit, i'll pose the same Q for my seven as well as its tatty with paint and corrosion issues.
Thanks in advance

oc1

I think it is a black anodized coating rather than paint.  I'm not a fan of touch-up painting reels because I've never seen a painted surface hold up.  After a few uses it ends up looking worse than before.  You can touch it up with an alcohol based marker or Sharpie.  It won't last either but at least it will not look worse later on.

You can clean up plated posts with a little vinegar and very fine steel wool, but do not rub hard enough to remove any more intact plating.  Then neutralize with baking soda and lubricate.

If you want to replace things, ABU parts are not hard to find.  Start by finding a good schematic for your exact model (four digits plus suffix) so you have the right part numbers.  
-steve