Started by Tbrom, July 27, 2017, 03:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tbrom

I need a 430ss handle if anyone has one or a lead please let me know. Thanks

mizmo67

We have other parts, but no handles for the 430SS
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

Shark Hunter

That is going to be a tough one.
I believe the 420ss, 716x and 714Z use the same handle.
Life is Good!

mizmo67

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 27, 2017, 10:02:35 PM
That is going to be a tough one.
I believe the 420ss, 716x and 714Z use the same handle.

Can use either the 15-714 or the 15-716, with or with out the Z at the end.
Color doesn't matter...trick is finding any!
~Mo

foakes

Might have one -- will not know until returning home tonight.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Just got home --

Here are a few cranks -- the smaller ones may work?

They are all new old stock.

I do not jave a 430 to match it up with -- but a client is shipping a half dozen reels for restoration from San Diego in a week or so -- included are a 716 and a 714, for a possible match.

Or, someone might know that one of these are correct?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mizmo67

Female end for the 714/716 handles...but the blades look longer so those might be 710s

Def. test on the incoming customer's reel
~Mo

foakes

Hi Tom --

I am posting your answer here about the measurement, since I cannot post a pic in a PM.

Yes, the gold one is 2 7/8" -- but that is for a 720 or 710.

The 430SS size reel has a female screw on attachment -- the gold ones I have are all male.

The crank knob on the 430SS is riveted on -- no screw.

So I will wait to receive a test reel in a week, or so.

However, anything can be made to work -- with the right amount of "adjustment" -- but I would recommend finding the correct handle.

A good source might be ebay, CL, or the Goodwill auction site -- for a rough reel with a decent handle.

The silver ones with the white knobs will fit -- but they will not match the gold on ypur reel.

Post apic of your reel.

We will keep trying.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Shark Hunter

There are several on the big auction site, but they are not cheap.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USED-PENN-SPINNING-REEL-PART-Spinfisher-430-SS-Handle-B-/292203380381?epid=17005310992&hash=item4408adbe9d:g:deAAAOSwz-5Zg1Qs
This seller is a member here.
Maybe he can cut you a side deal.
Don't dilly dally, these are hard to find.
Daron
http://alantani.com/index.php?action=profile;u=14403
Life is Good!

wfjord

The 430SS / 714Z handle is part #015 714Z
the 420SS / 716Z handle is part #015 716Z

I just finished overhauling my 420SS and two 714Zs a few days ago -- tried swapping the handles out but they weren't interchangeable.

Alto Mare

Quote from: wfjord on September 03, 2017, 01:29:49 AM
The 430SS / 714Z handle is part #015 714Z
the 420SS / 716Z handle is part #015 716Z

I just finished overhauling my 420SS and two 714Zs a few days ago -- tried swapping the handles out but they weren't interchangeable.

I'm not sure what's going on with your reels, these handles are all interchangeable

These are new in boxes.

Sal
I'm not sure you could see the number on the plates, I'm showing a 420ss, 430ss, 714z, 716z and a green 714z, all share the same handle.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I have these reels too, except for the green one.
I know these interchange. Show us some pictures, so we can get to the bottom of this.
Life is Good!

wfjord

I'm not sure what's going on with your reels, these handles are all interchangeable

I'm sorry, Sal, you're right.  I went back and checked them again and they did interchange.  For some reason the 420ss handle initially acted like it didn't want to go on either of the 714Zs.

Alto Mare

Yes, I could see that. Somehow if you don't line them up just right they'll give you a little hard time.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.