Handles from Alan

Started by Jim, February 06, 2009, 03:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim

I just received my handles for 3 Accurate ATD's.

OUTSTANDING!!!

Not just very well made, but much more important to me, very well thought out.

I reccommend them most highly. Thanks Alan.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

rogercooper

Looking for handle for an Okuma Stratus SGT-30.  If available, how to order?

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

p-deverett

Alan do you make longer handles for the Shimano TR-100's they are nice little level winds but the handles are too small?

Peter

alantani

actually, i do!!!!  the arm itself is $13 and the i add a 3/0 grip for $27.  figure $3 for shipping. 

p-deverett

Thanks Alan, I'll send you an email with the order.

Thanks
Peter

p-deverett

Just received the handles and 3/0 grips, they feel great on the reels, thanks for the fast turn around.

Peter

erikpowell

Alan's SS Handle w/ 4/0 Hotdog vs T-bar Lite

TLD25 Tropical Torture Test

Both handles were properly pre-serviced & installed, together about 3 yrs ago....the reels fished equally hard as a pair...
and recently returned for service.

Alan's handle came so clean with a quick wipe of the rag, I didn't bother to take a picture

No question about 40 bucks well spent...or where the replacement handle will come from  ;)
And for good measure, Here's a shot of the guts... barely in need of a service...
countless wahoo,tuna,mahi, and even deep o'pakapaka later

Vinaka Alan !

bill19803

alan
do you have longer arm handles  for  accurate   30  and  50  atd ?
what  kind of grief  should i expect  to  encounter  since i have the black  cals shifter on  the  30s  and  50s?

alantani

i have the aluminum arm for the atd 50 that i put on the smaller atd's.  i've found that it works well enough.  never installed one of cal's shifters, but they should not be that hard. 

Rare

Hey, Alan

These threads are big and want to know what you have now. I bought a while back the handle from the guy that used to be here this screen name was the *reel speed* if i'm not mistaken. Anyways, looking for the 6/0 grips which should be the same size or close to what I have now for one avet and saltiga 50. Are there different types now/redesigned?

Bryan Young

Here's the link Alan's new handles http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7325.0

If you really like the 6/0 grip, I have 4 of them left that I was going to put on my Penn 6/0 reels and I have never gotten around to it. 

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Rare

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 21, 2014, 04:37:17 PM
Here's the link Alan's new handles http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=7325.0

If you really like the 6/0 grip, I have 4 of them left that I was going to put on my Penn 6/0 reels and I have never gotten around to it. 

Tks! The 6/0 you have are they new style or old? I take it only 2 version are made of the newer style. If old style you have , I'm gonna try 1 of the newer 5/0 grip first.

alantani

the older 2/0, 4/0 and 6/0 handle grips are all gone.  i have two new styles, the 3/0 and the 5/0.  they are beautifully made.  send me a pm if i can tempt you with any of these.  alan