Cortez Classic Jigmaster

Started by Maxed Out, December 01, 2016, 02:08:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pompano joe

Quote from: Maxed Out on December 06, 2016, 06:36:28 PM

Nobody has posted a 501 Cortez classic yet, I know I'm not the only one building Toms kits, so c'mon and post em up, we want to see them.

Here is my version of the classic 501, and  99, and a soon to be built 500

Just finished my shop's first Cortez Conversions build. "Blaze" is a Penn Jig Master Junior 501 at heart, but a complete custom otherwise.

The machined and red anodized aluminum frame and side plates are Cortez, the silver aluminum spool is a recent add to the PRO Challenger (PC) line. Inside it's got a PC stainless (SS) gear set, 5+1 Carbontex and SS drag set, SS pinion yoke and jack, SS gear sleeve and double dog bridge from PG, and custom drag star and off-set power handle from Motive Fabrication.

As always, special thanks to friend and reel mentor Keith Rawson. Also appreciate the guys at PRO Gear, Motive Fabrications and Cortez Conversions for their fine products amazing service.

Pompano Joe

Maxed Out

That's a beauty Joe. The new low profile shift levers will be ready in couple weeks and I'll make sure you get one for your classic jigmaster.

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

twotone

Classic 501 update.

Thx Tom, R.P., Ted, Sal, Pennparts, and Alan c.

twotone

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Quote from: twotone on March 06, 2017, 03:39:58 AM

Classic 501 update.

Thx Tom, R.P., Ted, Sal, Pennparts, and Alan c.

Wow, that's a sweet build Anthony. How can you top that one ?? I know you'll somehow find a way !!

-Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

Benni3

twotone

Thanks all !

I didn't mention Jay at Fishgrain (stock gear and pinion).

Thanks Jay!

twotone

Alto Mare

Beautiful reel!... love the classic.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

pompano joe

The new low-pro eccentric lever worked perfectly, Maxed Out!  So thankful for you and all the guys who provide the cool parts for our obsession!

Quote from: Maxed Out on January 16, 2017, 07:05:47 PM

That's a beauty Joe. The new low profile shift levers will be ready in couple weeks and I'll make sure you get one for your classic jigmaster.

-Ted
Pompano Joe

handi2

Looks great Joe.

I will try to post some pictures of mine tomorrow.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

thorhammer

I never get tired of looking at these...or building them...gonna get two more...

moondog371

Rancanfish

Oh yeah, someday I'll swing one.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.