Getting excited for Kings

Started by Padre, August 31, 2017, 09:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padre

In prep for my upcoming NC kingfish trip, i decided to upgrade my 501. These arrived today.

Bryan's 5 stack drag gets delivered tomorrow. (Turns out the reel didn't have CF drags after all.)

I have three kayak charters over the weekend, and i may fish some live mud minnows for sharks just so i can use the reel with the new goodies.  ;D

thorhammer

Where you headed in NC padre? Mud Minnows?? The flounder won't even wake up that reel😁

Padre

Well, be fishing off Oak Island in NC. That's in October. I live in Savannah, and that's where I guide. We get some middlin size bonnethead sharks on the early incoming tide. That's what I'm thinking love mud minnows for. They'll do fine.  ;D

Padre

Do I have to completely disassemble the knob to attach it to the arm?

Black Pearl

Quote from: Padre on August 31, 2017, 09:12:12 PM
In prep for my upcoming NC kingfish trip, i decided to upgrade my 501. These arrived today.

Bryan's 5 stack drag gets delivered tomorrow. (Turns out the reel didn't have CF drags after all.)

I have three kayak charters over the weekend, and i may fish some live mud minnows for sharks just so i can use the reel with the new goodies.  ;D

Hey Kevin,

I got you email. Can you tell me what the problem you are having to install that knob?

Black Pearl

Quote from: Padre on August 31, 2017, 10:07:34 PM
Do I have to completely disassemble the knob to attach it to the arm?

For the first time, you should do that. There is a diagram on the back of that label paper.

Padre

That was it. Didn't realize I needed to take it apart first. Then I figured that's what the diagram was for.

Padre

Padre

After a lot of help and with extraordinary patience on the part of Black Pearl (Alan), here it is. New knob, new handle, new drag. Bring on the fish!

thorhammer

Very nice. But at least get a bluefish for bait. There are loads of five foot spinners and black tips on the beach eating the blues that ate eating in the mullet blue the next few weeks. I've had them smack a hooked blue in less than three feet of water where I just walked out to cast from.  Don't tell wife.

Black Pearl

Quote from: Padre on September 01, 2017, 11:27:34 PM
After a lot of help and with extraordinary patience on the part of Black Pearl (Alan), here it is. New knob, new handle, new drag. Bring on the fish!

Very nice. Now you are an expert on assembling this knob....