Avet JX 6/3 Pinion Bearing Size?

Started by mahfudzmn, August 04, 2017, 07:27:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahfudzmn

Hi all,

I'd like to ask if any of you know the pinion bearing size for Avet JX 6/3, mine is a two speed. I think it's 0.1875x0.6875x0.25 but I'm not so sure, I don't have the reel to open up right now.

I vaguely remember that it's not the same as MX/LX/SX which are 0.25x0.625x0.196 (R4 size)

Thanks for your help!

SoCalAngler

.250 x .625 x .195 for a JX 6/3 I just measured a spare pinion bearing I have

MarkT

If in doubt call Avet and find out. Their bearings are $5 if you want order another one from them. Yeah, they're cheap bearings that die easily.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

SoCalAngler

Still fishing the stock pinion bearing on my JX 6/3 that I bought around 2004. Landed many of mean fish with that reel like marlin, sails, yt and such. Landed this tuna from a anchored boat with 40 lb test last year with that same stock pinion bearing in the reel.

mahfudzmn

Thanks so much, so it's the same R4 bearing as the S/M/La models.

Yeah I have the MXJ and JX 6/3 for 5 years now, all original bearings. I guess with good service and properly setting the drag preset you avoid bearings failures. I do see quite a few SXJs with pinion bearing failures belonging to my clients.

Just that I run a reel service workshop and stocking up some bearings but don't have my reel to open and measure myself :D

SoCalAngler

Quote from: mahfudzmn on August 05, 2017, 02:26:45 PM
Thanks so much, so it's the same R4 bearing as the S/M/La models.

Yeah I have the MXJ and JX 6/3 for 5 years now, all original bearings. I guess with good service and properly setting the drag preset you avoid bearings failures. I do see quite a few SXJs with pinion bearing failures belonging to my clients.

Just that I run a reel service workshop and stocking up some bearings but don't have my reel to open and measure myself :D

Ding,ding, ding. I think we have a winner here, check the bold print above.

mahfudzmn

Well thanks to this forum I knew about the Avet pinion bearing thingy even before owning one hahaha