Source for Diawa parts

Started by Bill B, October 03, 2017, 01:02:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

I acquired a Diawa Millionaire 3H and need the handle side spool cap....any idea where to get the part?  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

foakes

If no one else has a part, Bill --

Post a pic of the reel, and I will dig around in the bonepiles --

Do have a large bin or two of NOS Daiwa parts -- might get lucky.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Well it's Brother Fred to the rescue again  :D  If you happen to come across a donor reel like the one below I would appreciate the handle side spool cap and if possible the two casting break pads inside...Im out of patches at the moment so greenbacks will have to do  ;)...PM sent.  Thank you for all you do for us brother....Bill

foakes

Hi Bill --

Do not have a counterbalanced 9/0 crank.

You might check with Randy at Vintage Offshore.

Worked all day on snaking dropped logs out of the woods -- and helping a neighbor who is moving to Oregon load his heavy furniture -- plus splitting wood.

Tomorrow will be helping a couple of friends mill some logs into lumber from 7:00 to 5:00.

So won't likely have time to search for a donor Millionaire until Thursday, earliest -- but it seems like I have seen a couple out in some of the bone bins.

Found this one mixed in with some ABU bait-casters -- however it is too nice to rob parts from -- perfect without a scratch or any signs of usage.

Stay tuned until Thursday.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

You checked with daiwa?   562-375-6800
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

thorhammer

I'll check when I get home Bill. 

tholmes

Those reels were essentially clones of Abu Garcia Ambassadeurs. There's a chance that the Abu cap will fit. I know that other parts will interchange.

Tom

ez2cdave

Quote from: Bill B (Tarfu) on October 04, 2017, 01:16:17 AM
Well it's Brother Fred to the rescue again  :D  If you happen to come across a donor reel like the one below I would appreciate the handle side spool cap and if possible the two casting break pads inside...Im out of patches at the moment so greenbacks will have to do  ;)...PM sent.  Thank you for all you do for us brother....Bill

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-2-RIGHT-HAND-BAITCAST-REELS-Penn-84-Daiwa-Millionaire-3H-Working-Great-/202071606775

Tight Lines !

foakes

Sorry, Bill -- no luck finding that one.

Will likely run across one when you no longer need the parts -- but for now, not at hand.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Bill B

Thank you all for checking....will give Diawa a call tomorrow....Bill

foakes

Hey Bill --

While rounding up old Penn reels out of the bonepiles this morning -- came across these two Daiwa Millionaires.

If you could use some parts off of them still -- just let me know -- and I will send them out.

N/C.

The brown metallic is a Millionaire 5HS -- the silver one is a Millionaire ll 500M.

Both just partials -- not complete.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Bryan Young

A bag of parts and not a bearing cap in sight. Sorry.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bill B

Brother Fred is my new hero  ;D  The cap on the 5HS looks about right....PM sent...Thank you again!!!  Bill