Halibut fishing with GSTOURS (Gary) in Alaska Aug. 1-8, 2017

Started by El Pescador, August 12, 2017, 03:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Wayne has been pretty busy so I am posting another video.  Here is the Butt Man working the tank.  Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

David Hall

Great job on the harpoon Dominick.  I had to re read this whole thread just now, I wanted to see what size rod you had the tank on for that brute of a butt you all fought.  30-80, I knew the info was in there and reading this over was worth the trip.  This would have made a great full length movie.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 25, 2017, 02:21:40 PM
I think the Tank is working the Butt Man. ;)
Ha ha.  Yeah he was pooped.  Butt it is a good kind of fatigue.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

Quote from: David Hall on August 25, 2017, 06:59:58 AM
Great job on the harpoon Dominick.  I had to re read this whole thread just now, I wanted to see what size rod you had the tank on for that brute of a butt you all fought.  30-80, I knew the info was in there and reading this over was worth the trip.  This would have made a great full length movie.
Thanks David.  That was a custom rod by the butt man.  It was an awesome trip made more so by Gary.  He was great fun to fish with.  Also to drink with.  :)   Dominick

Dominick

I didn't see this video before Gary sent it to me today.  I am posting it for the AT crew.  Someone asked about how much butts fight.  Notice the tip of the rod.  Those were turns and head shakes.  Those butts fight all the way.  Dominick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ll8W_LYV88U&feature=youtu.be

El Pescador

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

alantani

i added a link so the video shows up in dominick's post.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Gary has another one.  He is posting it tomorrow.  Dominick

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Dominick

I just remembered that one of the fish we released had a big octopus in its mouth.  We don't know if the octopus was eating the bait when the monster butt decided to hit the hook or it regurgitated it after it was hooked.  By the time I grabbed my camera and ran to the back of the boat it was gone.  I never got a look at it.  I will leave it to Wayne and Gary to describe it.  Dominick

steelfish

Quote from: El Pescador on August 15, 2017, 11:37:13 PM

BTW, the wider paddles on the star drag made a BIG difference in comfort when spinning down the drag to almost bottom end.
Really like this style of star drags.

Wayne

Dom, can I ask you what star drag is that.
I hate the stocker cuz they are too thin, Baja Special star drag is pretty nice as well as other models
I didnt knew there was a wider star drag for out beloved 113h
The Baja Guy

ez2cdave

Wow . . . What a fantastic adventure . . . Incredible !

Tight Lines !

ijlal

I live 'fishing'!