tld 50 bellivile washers?

Started by ScottOz, August 14, 2017, 09:40:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottOz

Hi Guy's,
             Does anyone happen to know the I.D of TLD 50 Belleville washers.I am making a spooling drag for spooling reels and need some Belleville that will go over 8mm threaded rod.Tried my old TLD 25 Belleville and they are a bit to small.Cheers Scott

Tiddlerbasher

When I made my line spooler I used 8mm bellevilles from Amazon - this supplier:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/sp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&orderID=&seller=A31KFXAXTTNBQF&tab=&vasStoreID=

But any store that sells fasteners and nut bolts etc. should be able to help you.

mhc

I haven't made a line spooler but was thinking the same as Tiddlerbasher - washers from a hardware or fastner outlet are cheap and easier to find than reel parts if you can use them in your design. I did a quick ebay search and found this Aus supplier https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_odkw=belleville+washers&LH_PrefLoc=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbelleville+washers+m8.TRS0&_nkw=belleville+washers+m8&_sacat=0

Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

ScottOz

Thanks guy's.mhc that eBay washer you found is the go. When I had a look at a place that sells them they were 3$ each.Tiddlerbasher, the drag queen is a masterpiece.I went looking for the posts on it recently and was sad to not find the pics anymore. Are they hiding somewhere else. Have had a rough spooler for a while so want to make one a bit prettier and more functional. Not motorized yet. My drag system is a bit crude but quiet effective. Would be better if can get my hands on a couple of large stainless discs.
Cheers Scott

Tiddlerbasher

Scott just seen your post.
If you use Firefox or Chrome as a browser - You can add an 'extension' or 'addon' called Photobucket embed - you will be able to see the photos again.
Download and install the addon - restart Firefox/Chrome and there you go ;)