AT.COM MEMBERS GET FIRST SHOT AT NEW LIMITED EDITION TIBURON 349H YOYO SPECIAL!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 19, 2017, 12:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

PLEASE NOTE:  
1.  I noticed that there are some small spots of color irregularity on the sides of some of the spools.  I do not think that anyone is going to have a problem with them, but since I am selling brand new kits, it is reasonable to expect perfection, and I do not want anyone to be disappointed so I am posting a photo of one of an example below.  They will not show when the reels are loaded with line, and have no functional impact, but I would guess that some of these kits will become "shelf queens", so please take a look at the photo if this is the case.  The frames all appear to be perfect.  If anyone is unhappy with their kits, they can return them for a full refund, and I will pay for the return shipping from anywhere in the USA.  I think that it is unlikely that anyone will care, but I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows.  Please take a look at the last photo below before you order.

2.  If you plan to use the rod clamp, the maximum rod diameter is 1 1/4".  This is 1/8" wider than provided with the Tiburon Narrow Newell 533 kit.

3.  Since very few people (no one that I know) uses a harness for the types of fishing for which the YoYo kit was designed, these kits do not have slots for the harness lugs, as you can see in the photo below, and are meant to be used without a harness.  Please use the rail instead.

Thanks,

Randy

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just picked up 20 units of a special kit that Tiburon made for the Penn 349H and 349HC for me, the YoYo Special.  The Alantani Ohana has been very good to me over the years, so I am offering these kits for sale here exclusively today.  If any one wants a kit, please PM me your PayPal email address and I will send you a PayPal invoice.  The kits are $225 PayPal plus shipping.  They are too heavy to ship First Class.  I will ship by Priority Mail with tracking at the actual cost of postage, which will be $7 in California, ranging up to $11 for Hawaii, Alaska and the East Coast.

This kit is the same width as the standard Penn model, which is the same width as the 501 Jigmaster Jr., the 146 Squidder Jr., and the 1/0 Senator.  The diameter is approximately the same size as the 6/0 Senator

The Tiburon spool, machined from a solid block of aluminum, is easily strong enough to fish 80lb. line, and should hold approximately 500 yards of 80 lb. braid.  As you can see in the photos, the spool has been lightened and weighs 6.4 ounces, which is half the weight of the 12.7 ounce stock Penn spool.  

This is the ultimate yo-yo reel for big yellowtail, with larger drag washers than the 9/0 Senator.  With the large diameter spool and 3.25:1 gear ratio, one crank of the handle recovers almost three feet (33") of line, giving you the lure speed which is often what it takes to trigger a strike.

I will post more information about the 349H and the Tiburon YoYo Special kit later, but I have to get to the Post Office before it closes right now.

This may be the only run that is ever produced of these kits, so if you want one, you might want to jump on it now.

Thanks,

Randy

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mikeysm

It also fits the 49L. Except for the spool it won't fit.

Mike

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thank you Steve!

The frame also fits the Penn 49, et al. but the spool does not.  I also have three black extra 349H Tiburon aluminum spools and can sell them separately if anyone wants one.  They are a bit pricey at $115 plus shipping, but as you can see, they are machined out of a solid block of aluminum and are a work of art.

Thanks again,

Randy

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mikeysm

I will have two of them put together in a few days to show. A 349h and a 49L.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

swill88

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

mikeysm

Lee it's time to make more 349 anti reverse dogs. Maybe a few for the 49L also. And if your missing a part I might be able to help.

Mike