AT.COM MEMBERS GET FIRST SHOT AT NEW LIMITED EDITION TIBURON 349H YOYO SPECIAL!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 19, 2017, 12:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: swill88 on August 19, 2017, 03:34:51 AM
Randy, has anybody ever made this frame before?

Steve

Steve, Newell made an aluminum spool, and the 501 bars fit the 349H, but I do not believe that Newell ever made a base for the 349H.  Newell, Accurate and Tiburon made the 2 7/16" wide Wahoo Specials for the 349H, but I am fairly certain that this is the first frame/spool kit for the 349H.

Thanks,

Randy

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Bryan Young on August 19, 2017, 03:50:36 AM
Wow, that is a beastthat can take on anything in the yoyo sea.

Thank you Bryan.  I can't wait to put mine to work.

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Tiddlerbasher

Tiddlerbasher

I just checked my 349 - it is the high speed 3.25:1 model - but there is no 'H' marking on the headplate. Is it still a 349H? Please excuse my ignorance :-\

mikeysm

Yes it is they did not change the plates just the gears and the yoke. All the 49 versions should fit.

Mike

ReelFishingProblems

i'm drooling. Think if I bought one my wife would kill me... or buy something for herself worth at least double!

Tiddlerbasher

Keta

Quote from: mikeysm on August 19, 2017, 04:01:18 AM
Lee it's time to make more 349 anti reverse dogs. Maybe a few for the 49L also. And if your missing a part I might be able to help.

Mike

I have a few of 15-49 and 349 mkII dogs now but will have more cut.  I might have to cut some more 5 washer set metal washers too,  I have 349 but am out of 349H, Dawn should still have some sets still.

Thank you Randy, I will be unpatiently watching the tracking and the Penn parts will be on my bench ready for assembly.  The "old" reels I get teased about, but others do not hesitate to use, will get a face lift.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Keta

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on August 19, 2017, 09:28:46 AM
I just checked my 349 - it is the high speed 3.25:1 model - but there is no 'H' marking on the headplate. Is it still a 349H? Please excuse my ignorance :-\

Yes it could be a 349H, I have never seen a 349 marked 349H.  Take the handle, drag star and spacer off and look at the drag washers, if the ears of the top eared washer are wider than the hole in the side plate you have a 349H, if smaller it is a 349.  The gears, yoke and drag stack are the only differance between the 349 and 349H.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Chris if you need any parts let us know before Randy ships the kit.Getting parts in the UK might be a problem.

Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Thanks Mike. My intended donor reel is in pretty good shape. The side plates are good/very good and the internals have been well greased and little used.
I think the reel may have been to darn heavy for the previous owner(s) ;D

Tiddlerbasher

Yup - just checked you are quite correct Lee. The eared washer won't fit through the hole. I may cut 2 small grooves in the side plate to allow servicing of the drags without removing the side plate. I also noticed that the grooves, in the main gear, for the eared washer do not got to the bottom. Is it worth drilling them down to the bottom for fitting a 5 stack.
Lee do you have any of the 5 stack metal washers for the 349H? I'm ok with the cf but accurately cutting stainless is a bit beyond me :(
I'm think I'm going to need another dog/and spring as well.
Chris.

Keta

I am sure I am out of the H washers but I will check.  Smooth Drag should still have some if not.  I have a few springs if you need 1.

I use 1 thicker CF and 1 .045 keyed metal washer on the bottom of my 349 drag stacks and the first eared washer usualy does not bottom out in the grooves.  I have 1 349H gear that takes a second thick CF washer between the first keyed and first eared washer to clear.

Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher