AT.COM MEMBERS GET FIRST SHOT AT NEW LIMITED EDITION TIBURON 349H YOYO SPECIAL!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 19, 2017, 12:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

Here are some pictures of my 349h and 49L. Along with my 349hc Nep-Tuna cradle. Missing is my 349h Wahoo special. I still need to put it together. Thanks for the spool Randy now I can finish it. The 49L already has a aluminum spool. I added a steel gear soon to be stainless. A stainless gear sleeve and stainless yoke with carbon fiber washers.

Mike

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tiddlerbasher

mikeysm

swill88

Swami805

Dang Randy those look really nice, Look even better on a reel. Absolute beast of a yo-yo reel. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Maxed Out

Please excuse me for asking, but what exactly is a yo yo ?? I live a sheltered life here in the NW and around my neck of the woods it's how we refer to coho salmon.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mikeysm

It's a style of jigging where you use a heavy jig and run it to the bottom and reel it up at a fast rate of speed. This is what I understand from what I have read. The rod is around 7 feet long with a fast taper in the 40-50lb line range. A reel with high gears and tall spool like the 349 and also the 49 is used.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: Swami805 on August 23, 2017, 01:37:56 AM
Dang Randy those look really nice, Look even better on a reel. Absolute beast of a yo-yo reel. Sheridan

Thank you Sheridan!  If you want to trade me for one give me a call and I will bring one down when we go fishing next week.

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Keta

I could not decide, black or maroon so I used a set of verry dark maroon sideplates.  The reel has a SS 113H gearsleeve, 5+1 drag stack and one of my 349MKII AR dogs.  I also put NEW outer rings and bearings on it.  Putting line on it today then off to test it on inshore halibut in September.
, Pacific not California.

Without the heavy bronze spool the reel is much lighter with the kit than it was before but a bit heavier than my working reels w/aluminum spools and 505 crossbars.  It might be me but I think the reel freespools better with the 1 piece frame and I realy like the lack of a top crossbar.

I have a bunch of low speed 349 5 metal washer sets if anyone is building a 349 with these.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Lee I need a 2 of the mark 2 dogs and a dog for my 49L. I will build a 349 as soon as I can find outer rings. So I will need the drag washers also.  Do you need any parts.  I have gears for both reels, left side bearings and a few right side.

Mike

Keta

Thanks to Fred sending me some pinion gears  I have at least 1 of each part that wears out.  I will dig out the dogs when I go to town.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher

Lee - you said you fitted new bearings - is that as in ball bearings or replacement screw in bushes :)

Keta

NOS Penn 349 bearings.

Mark Twain