AT.COM MEMBERS GET FIRST SHOT AT NEW LIMITED EDITION TIBURON 349H YOYO SPECIAL!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 19, 2017, 12:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeysm

I  cannot see what the problem is all my gears fit Dawns washer kits. No grinding needed or thicker washer. At the bottom a fiber graphite washer then a non eared metal washer, then another graphite washer, then a eared metal washer, and repeat the process again. Do i need to send you a gear set ?

Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Shipped as a "gift" to the UK, avoids import tax, reasonable price I'm all ears ;)
My main gear was just cut for the old thick washers - I think?
Chris.

mikeysm

The problem is not the gear but the sleeve. Are you using the smooth drag kit that Dawn sells. If so you need Alans gear sleeve to make it work. Well I have a sleeve that I milled the sides off of. It is the ten tooth gear. I will send you a bridge with new gears and install the sleeve. But I need to get a stainless dog from Lee first to complete the setup. So hang on I'm working seven days a week until october it will take a few weeks to get things together.

Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Mike  - I have the stainless dog from Lee - It is not a sleeve problem - It's the main gear - the grooves are not deep enough - they are designed for the original THICK washers.
If you have a deep groove main gear for a 349H I'll have it - Yeah! :) Allowing for shipping etc ;)

mikeysm

The stock sleeve will not allow the metal washer to go low enough to touch the carbon washer. I will send everthing to make sure it works. It will be together so no problems.

Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Mike - the sleeve is not the problem - the 1st keyed washer sits on the cf without problems - it is the grooves in the main gear - have a look at the photo.

mikeysm

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tiddlerbasher

Lee - I was very surprised when I opened her up. I guess it was cut to fit the original ultra thick washers :-\

Maxed Out

We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

mikeysm

Here is what I am sending you Chris. A new main and pinion gear. A new modified ten tooth sleeve and new bridge also Dawns drag set. The rest is used I had laying around. This way you can go at it without problems.

Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Mike - I'm speechless - that is so kind of you - You are now in my will ;D

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

mikeysm

Your to far away for mistakes. This is a little insurance that your reel will work.

Mike

P.S  
Your parts are on the way Chris