AT.COM MEMBERS GET FIRST SHOT AT NEW LIMITED EDITION TIBURON 349H YOYO SPECIAL!

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, August 19, 2017, 12:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiddlerbasher

mikeysm

Chris the sleeve that I put on the bridge I sent you is a 10 tooth that I modified by machining the sides like Alans sleeves. The sleeve is hard it was difficult to mill with a Hss mill cutter. It should give you less backlash than Alans 8 tooth sleeve. I had to press in the pin so it will be impossible to remove without drilling. I greased it and it should be good for a long time. The sleeve will fit all drag washer kits out there.
Mike

mikeysm

Lee what line are you using on your Penn 349 reels.

Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Thank you again Mike - just waiting for the shipping process to complete :)

Keta

Quote from: mikeysm on September 05, 2017, 06:07:20 AM
Lee what line are you using on your Penn 349 reels.

Mike

My 349s are Pacific halibut reels and I spool them with either 50# or 60#  (JB calls their 60 pound solid 65 pound to cut down confusion with 60# hollow) and I usualy use JB solid. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Well I think I am going to stick with the JB hollow braid. I have everthing to splice it. The needles are not cheap so I need to make use of all the hardware i bought.

Mike

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Tiddlerbasher

Yup.Got an email from USPS informing me. Only trouble is I'm now trying to track it in the UK - without much luck. Patience is a virtue -apparently ;D

mikeysm

Chris how is the new bridge and gear set working out for you. I see it arrived by the
tracking number.

Mike

Tiddlerbasher

The USPS tracking just indicates it's arrived with the local carrier - Royal Mail. It arrived at the local PO depot - looks like I've been hit with customs tax :( I'm waiting to be notified what the payment is - what did you put on the shipping label?

mikeysm

I put a value and it was a gift. They needed both before they would ship it.
Mike

Tiddlerbasher

Quote from: mikeysm on September 14, 2017, 09:32:01 PM
I put a value and it was a gift. They needed both before they would ship it.
Mike

I hear that a lot from my US cousins. Some manage to ship stuff without any customs declaration. When I ship something I never make a declaration :-\

mikeysm

My first time shipping to the UK. They tax everthing. Just like here in california. Only thing left to tax is the air we breath.

Mike