Double Dog 112H

Started by Bill B, August 19, 2017, 03:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Quote from: TARFU on August 19, 2017, 11:39:22 PM
Thank you again....if it was not for the trail blazing done, people like me would never be able to do this kind of work....Daron if you get a chance could you give me the thickness you sand your SS done to?  I started to use SS wiper blades but never got to a point I thought it would work, probably did not go thin enough....interesting that the thinner it is the more "spring" it has....the brass sheet I used has enough, if I can get a better product going thinner I will do that....Bill
I never really put a Micrometer on my springs Bill.
I know the wiper inserts are at least .050
Way too thick, I'm guessing at least .015 or thinner.
I just use a block of 1x2 wood and press down on the sander.
They usually fly out a couple times, but I keep the insert its original length.
So I just pick it back up and sand it some more before I cut it into pieces.
Life is Good!

Robert Janssen

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 20, 2017, 06:27:58 AM
Quote from: TARFU on August 19, 2017, 11:39:22 PM
Thank you again....if it was not for the trail blazing done, people like me would never be able to do this kind of work....Daron if you get a chance could you give me the thickness you sand your SS done to?  I started to use SS wiper blades but never got to a point I thought it would work, probably did not go thin enough....interesting that the thinner it is the more "spring" it has....the brass sheet I used has enough, if I can get a better product going thinner I will do that....Bill
I never really put a Micrometer on my springs Bill.
I know the wiper inserts are at least .050
Way too thick, I'm guessing at least .015 or thinner.
I just use a block of 1x2 wood and press down on the sander.
They usually fly out a couple times, but I keep the insert its original length.
So I just pick it back up and sand it some more before I cut it into pieces.

That seems tedious. Poke your address in my inbox on the way out and i can send you some of this stainless spring steel, 3 x 0.25 mm (about 1/8 x 0.01") that should be more suitable.