The 9/0's turn

Started by The Great Maudu, August 21, 2017, 12:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Maudu

I haven't had the 16/0 out yet. Tonight it's the 9/0's turn. I'm really hoping to hook up on the old Ocean City cradle reel. It's one of my favorites. The Penn was fully customized by Shark Hunter himself

The Great Maudu

The Shark Hunter special came through

Dominick

Yikes!  Key the theme from Jaws... Good work.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

The Great Maudu

For that size you play the theme on a kazoo. I'm not complaining though. The sharks are back in town.

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

That is bait Mike. ;)
Glad to see you fishing from the Beach.
Good Luck my Man!
Montell Jordan!
This is how we do it!
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Nice Mike, his daddy isn't far behind ;) ...good luck!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

The Great Maudu

I'm at a little bit of a disadvantage because I keep a kayak down here at my cleaning lady's house and she is out of town. I've had to revert to my early days and swim the bait out. I swim out just as far as I can before I think I'll start getting chewed on. That's not very far. Daron, as you know nothing tests a mans skill with sharks quite like the beach does. Here's a video I put up on my YouTube channel of the Mighty Battle. Film credit goes to Julia :-)

bhale1

Mike,
I don't know how far I could swim a bit out in the dark, knowing those hungry guys were out there!!!!
Your braver than me!!! Congratulations on the catch!
Brett

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Shark Hunter

At least you are catching something Mike.
Great Video.
Life is Good!

Dominick

The Great Maidu so cool, calm and collected.  That was done with style and panache.  I enjoyed that video.  Thanks Julia.  Dominick

The Great Maudu

Shark Hunter, I think you're going to get your fish come September. Right now everything down here is perfect. Glad you enjoyed the video Dominic. I love the sound of the double dogs once I turned off the clicker.

Shark Hunter

Tell Julia to make sure your life insurance is paid up.
Even I'm not crazy enough to swim baits out. :o
Life is Good!

foakes

Quote from: The Great Maudu on August 21, 2017, 01:00:56 PM
I'm at a little bit of a disadvantage because I keep a kayak down here at my cleaning lady's house and she is out of town. I've had to revert to my early days and swim the bait out. I swim out just as far as I can before I think I'll start getting chewed on.

Hey Mike --

Would you mind making me a beneficiary on your will -- for a few nice reels?

I figure if you keep swimming out sharkbaits -- I'll get some nice reels pretty soon.

Reminds me of the song "Fred Bear" by Ted Nugent -- particularly the last part which is actually a recording from Fred Bear before he passed on.  He talks of teen-age thrill seekers.  He says they should go up against a brown bear, grizzly, or polar bear with a bow & arrow.  It will cleanse the Soul.

Stay safe, Mike...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.