How was the fishing with the eclipse?

Started by fresh2salt, August 21, 2017, 10:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fresh2salt

Did anyone notice a difference with the amount of activity? Did anyone even get up to see how the eclipse would affect the fish?

Bill B

I was wondering the same thing....did anyone get out?   Bill

Just checked the fishing reports for Orange County, CA and the 3/4 day looked much better than yesterday....really heavy on the bonito and yellowtail.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

steelhead_killer

><)))">

The Great Maudu

I fished through the whole thing in the surf at Inlet Beach, Florida. We didn't get darkness but the light definitely changed. Temps dropped probably 10 degrees. Bite was dead before, during and after for us. It was cool though watching with the glasses. Here's a pic of the beach at max time.

fresh2salt

Quote from: steelhead_killer on August 22, 2017, 03:31:10 AM
fullsizeoutput_ded by Andy Smith, on Flickr

I'm guessing the smile on the face says it all?

fresh2salt

Quote from: The Great Maudu on August 22, 2017, 05:59:46 AM
I fished through the whole thing in the surf at Inlet Beach, Florida. We didn't get darkness but the light definitely changed. Temps dropped probably 10 degrees. Bite was dead before, during and after for us. It was cool though watching with the glasses. Here's a pic of the beach at max time.

Shucks, well that's ok. I fished the night before and didn't catch a thing. The forecasts did say they fishing was supposed to be good. But alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Gfish

Fished pretty hard the day before---zilch! Did notice the tide was a higher than the normal "high-high"(here in the sub-tropics that's only 'bout 1/2--1 ft.). Mon. Was a work day and I did notice the school kids were as quite as I've ever seen 'em, right about at the peak time.
S_K, summer steelies or resident trout?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!