Penn Senator 4/0 Parts

Started by Joey, August 22, 2017, 02:56:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

1st question: Will 113H parts fit in a Senator 4/0 black side plates? What I would like to do is change the gear ratio. I found a kit for the 113H;

P316113H401 Custom Stainless Steel 4:1 High-Speed Gear Set (Optional)

I'm not sure what the differences are between the 2 reels. I have read that the gear ratio is the main difference along with bearings vs bushing.

I did search a little on this site but was unable to locate a thread on this, but found a bunch of cool stuff, so pardon me if this has already been posted.

Thanks,

Joey

Bill B

Sorry Joey....those gears will not work....two different reels sharing a common name.   Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

sdlehr

Pretty sure that the biggest, most obvious problem is that there isn't enough room for that bigger main gear in the 113. To increase the ratio you have to have some combination of larger main gear and/or smaller pinion. The larger main gear is the limiting factor here. I may have a 113h for sale if you're looking.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Joey

Thanks, for the replies, That answered the questions I had the reel is different. I will do what upgrades I can to this reel.

Sid, thanks for the offer, my next reel, I hope will be a 9/0 Penn. The question here is, do I purchase a new one or look for an older model

Joey

alantani

if you have a black side plate 113, a stainless steel gear sleeve is very helpful.  this reel unfortunately has the lowest power to weight ratio of all. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!