EVA round knob for MXJ

Started by reimersson, August 22, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reimersson

Hi all!

I look for an EVA round knob for my Avet MXJ 5.8 that fits directly to the existing pin and bearings - but without drilling.

Only item I found was a knob made of Aluminium, but for use in cold areas like Norway this is not very convenient:
https://www.pbmfishing.com/custom-reel-parts/45mm-reel-knob-avet-model-1/#cc-m-product-9395399871

Does anyone know a similar solution for EVA foam knobs?

Jorn

reimersson

Hi.
Short update to my request:
I ordered an EVA nob at ebay which is in delivery now.
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Tsuribi-42mm-Eva-Tuning-Knob-For-AVET-Fishing-Reel-SX-Raptor-MC-Cast-MJX-JX-LX-/322757316353?var=&hash=item4b25d5cf01:m:mFqCBqREj5_NVwh44dJw9Pw

Will send pictures as soon as it mounted on my MXJ.

Regards Jorn

bhale1

Jorn,
Please follow up when you get it and mount it. One of the few "modern" reels is an Avet MXL M/C.... and those knobs look like something I may want also.
Thanks
Brett
"One of the few modern reels I own".....is what I meant

bhale1

Jorn,
Did you ever get, and mount that knob on your Avet....just curious?
Brett

reimersson

Hi Brett,
just received the knob this week - 4 weeks delivery time from Singapore to Germany.
First impression is, that quality and size is as expected.
I'm going to put some pictures here when I have mounted it on my reel.

Jorn

bhale1

Jorn,

Thanks for the update...can't wait to hear what you think about it....a few pics would be great
Brett

reimersson

Mounted "Tsuribi" knob on MXJ 5.8

reimersson

Here are the promised pictures.
The change itself was very simple.

Just 2 screws and one nut - ready for fishing  ;)

The reason why I choosed the black knob was that the golden one looked too much orange to me.

Jorn

bhale1

Looks great Jorn! Thanks for the update! Black handle knobs go with any color reel😁
Brett

FishStalker

By chance did you take some pictures of the handle when it was off the reel? I have an older MXJ 6 (single speed) with the older "T" type counter balanced handle.  The "T" handle really does a number on my hand when fighting.  I'm wondering how this would connect to my handle?

reimersson

Hi.
Here is a picture of the MXJ's handle without knob.