Two recent purchases

Started by jason_purdy, August 23, 2017, 12:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jason_purdy

I just wanted to show a pair of recent purchases from my favorite auction site. First up, superior Italian craftsmanship-the Alcedo 2 C/S. This reel is destined for an older Fenwick in the pursuit of Smallmouth bass. Looking closely, there's an interesting swirl pattern to the paint.  A little cleaning and a quick service, and this gem is good to go!

wailua boy

Interesting reel and thanks for posting.

Benni3

Dominick

Bellissimo for the Italian reel.  Thanks for posting.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

jason_purdy

This Olympic 81 doesn't look like it's ever been fished. The beautiful Ueno Seiko medallion clinched it for me. I don't think I'll fish this one-too shiny :D Cheers all!

-Jason

jason_purdy

Dominick,

I was in Philly on Thursday and saw this poster. I had to snap a picture...

Dominick

Yep!  It gave me a chuckle in the movie also. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

Jason that Olympic looks very similar to a Mitchell spinner.

Gfish

Yeah. 'Cept for the 1/2 bail, looks like an older 300.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Tightlines667

Great reels.  The smallest sized ones are particularly significant as they are considered to be the first 'microlight' reels produced.  Emphasis was on fishing for sport.  Overall quality is apparent.  I am still on the lookout for a good deal on one of these guys.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

happyhooker

Super nice old time spinning reels--enjoy 'em!

Frank

Midway Tommy

Those Alcedos are nice reels. Not sure why but the blue ones always have that swirl pattern. Almost looks like marbling. If you ever decide to sell that Olympic 81 let me know. It's an interesting looking reel and I especially like that it has its original box.  :) 
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

philaroman

DON'T USE OR TRY TO SERVICE THE OLYMPIC -- it's no better than the Mitchell it clones, but it's RARE!!!  If you pick the right moment when Japanese economy & reel speculation is on an upswing -- you can get several hundrd$$$!!!

I bought a near-mint green Ueno Seiko half-bail Centaure clone (Model 84?) for $35 & sold it  back to Japan for $200...  if it were completely unused w/ all the extras -- $500+

Midway Tommy

Quote from: philaroman on August 24, 2017, 03:01:59 PM
DON'T USE OR TRY TO SERVICE THE OLYMPIC -- it's no better than the Mitchell it clones, but it's RARE!!!  If you pick the right moment when Japanese economy & reel speculation is on an upswing -- you can get several hundrd$$$!!!

I bought a near-mint green Ueno Seiko half-bail Centaure clone (Model 84?) for $35 & sold it  back to Japan for $200...  if it were completely unused w/ all the extras -- $500+

Those Japanese dudes seem to have deep pockets every now and are insane about what they'll pay for a '50s or '60s inferior quality clone, but that varies from day to day, too. Way, way more than I'd ever pay, that's for darn sure!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)