Daughter and the Big Ling

Started by Hardy Boy, August 28, 2017, 03:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy Boy

My Daughter wanted to go for a morning fish and since they all like fish and chips we went for the white fish and she managed to jig up this one at 41.5 lbs. Needless to say she was excited and I asked her if she wanted to let it go and it was a no ! It made good fish and chips last night.
Todd

STRIPER LOU

Very nice and I'll bet some good eatin too!!!

............Lou

foakes

Beautiful, Todd --

Congratulations to your daughter -- that is a nice Ling!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

thorhammer

Tiddlerbasher

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

congrats amigo, and your daughter did great job on that big fish

but where are the money shots on the fish/chips?
The Baja Guy

bhale1

Todd,
No better way to spend a day than outdoors with the kids! Even better when they enjoy fishing, as your daughter does.
Great catch , quality time together, nothing better!!!
Brett

Bill B

Congrats young lady on a BIG LING.....way to go.....and good job Dad for putting her on the fish....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Gfish

X2, Awesome linger, for the pretty young lady!, where'd you get 'em( port and depth and mabey fishing grounds) and on what kinda jig?
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Hardy Boy

I fish with these jigs I make and another one that is similar. I 've hade very good luck with them on all species of bottom fish here in BC, just tip with a little salmon skin or piece of octo. When you make them you don't cry as much as when you pay 12 to 20 bucks for a jig ! The location is secrete unless you come up and bring scotch !
Todd

coastal_dan

Catch of a lifetime!  Very nice moment to share with us.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Swami805

That's a big ling cod, way more fun watching your kid hang a monster like that than catching it yourself. Did you eat the cheeks? Nice piece of meat in that one. You'd need a bushel of potatoes for the chips! Thanks for posting
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Donnyboat

Good stuff, great memories, I`ve been trying to catch fish half that size for 68 years or more, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat