Reel Storage Bags

Started by Shark Hunter, August 29, 2017, 05:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I've recently been on a quest to find or make some reel bags for my collection.
I was going to just buy polar fleece material and have them made, but this is more convenient.
I have to admit, most of them are stored in storage containers.
The Crown Royal Bags definitely have their place, but if you have a lot of big reels.
These aren't going to cut it. I tried a few Vendors, and most are the cheap Muslin Bags.
I found a guy that sells coins and the like. These bags are thicker and perfect for my needs.
They are made from Heavy Cotton Material, Breathable, Heavy Duty, and will hold a Big Senator.
I bought 20 each of three sizes. The 12"x16" Holds a 14/0 like nobody's business and will keep it protected.
I'm sure it will have no problem with a 16/0 either.
I bought smaller 6"x8" for small spinners and 8"x12" for smaller conventionals and bigger spinners.
I am looking at the 12"x20" for my Everol's.
I am transporting my Rods and reels Seperate now, It will protect them both better.
A little more work, setting them up and breaking them down, but I think it is the way.
If anyone is interested, PM me and I can provide contact information.
I'm not making a dime off this. Just passing on a find.
Daron
Life is Good!

mizmo67

I've actually been thinking about getting some made custom. Not everyone likes the neoprene covers.
Those look nice.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

The Great Maudu

Shark Hunter, I think we could have them screen printed. I want some too.

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

sdlehr

They look like the little cloth bags that are in my refrigerator filled with heads of Romaine lettuce....
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

thorhammer

i'm in. you have my contact.

foakes

Thanks, Daron --

When you get a chance, PM me the contact information.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

HI Daron,

Please PM me their contact information as well.  Thank you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

STRIPER LOU

Daron, thanks for the tip! Very quick and probably the easiest transaction ever, plus a very fair price. Taking queue from Fred, I try my best to keep the shop clean but even covering things when machining plastic is not enough.

There's always several dozen rods n reels in hung in the ceiling joists and this will provide some protection at a reasonable price!

I appreciate you sharing.

All the best,  ..  Lou

bhale1

Daron,

Please pm me the info also...
Thank you
Brett

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

bill19803

daron

please  send   address   
thanks
$$$$bill

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Not sure why everyone needs to send a PM to get the info buddy, how about you post the contact information here so whomever wants it gets it...unless its top secret :).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

George6308

Try cloth coin bank bags of you can find them.