Halibut & Lingcod on lures from shore.

Started by the rockfish ninja, August 30, 2017, 05:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

Although I'm newly retired I haven't gotten out on the water this year yet, most of the boats near home are doing the Salmon trolling thing and not going out for rockfish & Lings, and sadly most of my fishing buddies are land based fishermen that fear seasickness. So until the local boats start hitting the reef I've been working my shore tactics. Many here thought it was odd that I pull quality rockfish from shore, well now it's Halibut & Lings for my targets. Caught a ton of them but none over the minimum size limit of 22", still good fun to hone my skills.

The Halibut have been falling for carolina rigged Zoom flukes and oddly enough Kastmasters, yup those spoons used on trout & bass.

Ling cod have been going for just about anything that looks anchovy-ish.

Even the otters look at me like I'm crazy.

Deadly Sebastes assassin.

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

El Pescador

Rockfish Ninja!

NICE!!!!  and no issue with being seasick!!!!

I have a piece of FRESH Alaska Halibut if you want to stop by for some!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Rancanfish

Tony, help may be coming!  I finally bought a tow vehicle, yay!

I'm going to be final prepping the boat this weekend with new batteries. It has new fuel lines, water pump, carb rebuilds, lower unit oil and I'll probably fill it up with gas, lol.

I do love me some rock fish.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

johndtuttle

Rig up some gulp flukes with a teaser above. All the species you are after love a distracted bait chasing even smaller bait.

thorhammer

Tony that's BS clearly you came flounder fishing in NC and didn't call me😎

Glad you are getting a line wet. Haven't seen you post much in awhile.

the rockfish ninja

Wayne- "Seasickness"  That's their problem, I've got sea legs, call me when you're ready to hit the water.

Ran- I'm ready when you are, I'll put you on the rockfish, it's my middle name. ;)

Mr Tuttle (By the way I loved the film "Brazil") No need to get more hits, what I use is working,  just need bigger ones.

Fred- Legal ones would be "excellent".

Johnny Thorhammer- I miss east coast flounder, my fishing buddies at the time would curse them because they wanted stripers. Flounders are way better on the table.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.