Sears Roebuck -- Mechanics Craftsman Tool Set -- On Sale

Started by foakes, September 01, 2017, 04:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

This is a very good value --

Many of these tool sets have a bunch of crap pieces to fill out the impressive numbers -- like allen wrenches.

But this one has 201 sockets, 20 fixed wrenches, 14 ratchet wrenches, the upgraded ratchet drivers that list at $99 just for the (3) by themselves.

Just doing the basic math -- take 311 pieces -- subtract 40 Allen wrenches -- take $190 divided by 271 -- you come up with 70 cents apiece for an each piece average.  

If you just needed a complete set that you could keep in one area without having to look through boxes -- or in the boat, or the truck, or at the jobsite, or the RV, or at the cabin -- this is an outstanding value, IMO.

Standard, Metric, thin wall sockets to get into tight spaces, 1/2" -- 3/8" -- 1/4" -- deep and shallow.

Yard sale prices would be more than 70 cents apiiece for these quality, lifetime tools.

And it could even be 5% less if you used your Sears card -- and just paid it off when the bill comes.

Plus any reward points you might have built up.

Best,

Fred

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-311-piece-mechanics-tool-set/p-00953311000P?plpSellerId=Sears&prdNo=2&blockNo=2&blockType=G2
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Yogi_fish808

When I was a little kid to about 5 years ago tools weren't something that got me excited or interested beyond borrowing what I needed from an Uncle or friend when the need came up if I didn't have what was needed at home. But now at 27 I find myself with that familiar fizzy feeling I used to only associate with a fishing store, while walking the isles in hardware stores. Even more so now that I run a small reel repair/modding operation! You should've seen me the first time I went to a Harbor Freight...... I must be getting old. At least a solid tool set will provide a lifetime of use if cared for.

Aloha,
Kyle