SOLD Rare Jerry Downie custom extra narrow aluminum Newell/Penn 112H 3/0 Senator

Started by Vintage Offshore Tackle, September 08, 2017, 08:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vintage Offshore Tackle

This one is SOLD but I am leaving the post up because I think that it's a special reel that people might like to see.  Here is a very rare Jerry Downie custom Newell 112H narrow kit (1 5/8" frame width vs. 2 1/8" for the standard 112H) with aluminum Newell spool, bars, base and rod clamp.  I am only aware of the existence of two of these kits (Sheridan has one), and I do not believe that they were ever offered to the public.  These are photos of Sheridan's reel.  This one is a little bit nicer, with near mint side plates, and aluminum Newell base and clamp, and a red knob 24-55 3-position.  I would rate the reel (not the one in the photo) as a solid 9 on a 10 scale, except for the handle, which I would rate as an 8 due to some scratches on the blade and marks on the knob shaft.

Thank you,

Randy

Ron Jones

Have to be honest, the simple fact that that kit exists makes me happy. Good luck to whoever is in a position to purchase it. I hope it gets the crap fished out of it.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Swami805

Love mine, fishes great, I use it with 30lb mono. Very unique piece, hope it goes to a good home.I also have a few Newells Jerry customized,top self work.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

JRD

Randy don't forget mine that you sold me.  Fantastic reel, balanced and free spools forever.  Love it and if I didn't have 3 other 3/0s I would be in line.  By the way I got the Tib frame today and am as always extremely happy with things I buy from you!

Vintage Offshore Tackle

You are right Randy.  I stand corrected.  There are three of these Jerry Downie special narrow 3/0s, not two.  I am glad that you are enjoying yours, and I really appreciate the kind words.

Randy

JRD

Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on September 09, 2017, 05:21:31 AM
You are right Randy.  I stand corrected.  There are three of these Jerry Downie special narrow 3/0s, not two.  I am glad that you are enjoying yours, and I really appreciate the kind words.

Randy

Randy I changed my mind go ahead and put me in line to purchase the reel if the other buyers fall through. I like the first one that much and would not have both of them

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Quote from: JRD on September 09, 2017, 02:49:26 PM
Quote from: Vintage Offshore Tackle on September 09, 2017, 05:21:31 AM

Randy

Randy I changed my mind go ahead and put me in line to purchase the reel if the other buyers fall through. I like the first one that much and would not have both of them

Randy, I'm sorry but it's sold.

JRD

[/quote]

Randy, I'm sorry but it's sold.

[/quote]

No problem.  You have another happy and lucky Fisher person.   Keep the great deals coming! 

Vintage Offshore Tackle

Thanks Randy.  I have a small collection of Jerry Downie Specials and I just posted a list (see below) on this same forum.  Let me know if any of these sound interesting:

Here is a list of one of a kind Penn reels created by master craftsman (and fisherman) Jerry Downie that I would like to sell.  Please let me know if anyone is interested and I will come up with some prices and take some photos for you.  It would be great to keep the collection together, and I will make someone one heck of a deal if they are interested, but I will also sell them individually.

Thanks,

Randy

1. A 99 width 505HS with a full aluminum Newell kit, including the one of the only two Newell HS spool that I have ever seen, in this case a Newell P332 aluminum spool with HS shaft.
2. A 506HS with a full aluminum Newell kit, including the only other Newell HS spool that I have ever seen.
3. A pair of the only 99 width near mint 349H reels that I have ever seen, both with full Newell aluminum kits, spools, bars, base and clamps.
4. A pair of custom narrow 114H reels, both with frames that Jerry modified, and one with the only Newell narrow 6/0 spool that I have ever seen.
5. A very near mint International 6 with the only Accurate International 6 frame that I have ever seen.  This may be a narrowed 12 but I can't see the serial number on the inside edge of the side plate because the Accurate frame is blocking it.