Bidding on a 349hc on ebay

Started by mikeysm, September 09, 2017, 02:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CooldadE

Question... can the higher ratio 349H gear set be installed in a lower ratio 349 single leaver reel?

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Keta

Quote from: CooldadE on January 23, 2018, 12:31:44 AM
Question... can the higher ratio 349H gear set be installed in a lower ratio 349 single leaver reel?
Yes, both gear sets are interchangeable.

Quote from: CooldadE on January 22, 2018, 11:11:32 PM
What gears do you have in that reel Lee ??
This reel has the 349H gear set.

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

mikeysm

I was trying to buy nos reels for the side plates and rings. I have tiburon frames and a good supply of parts.

Mike

AEM

You do have to be careful with some of these reels. I recently bought a 349 on ebay that was advertised to have a "perfect aluminum spool" and when I got it I found that it was a chrome spool that was painted black. I did get a fast response and refund from ebay.

mikeysm

Ebay doesnt tolerate stuff like that. The seller has to give you a accurate discription of the item.

Mike

nelz

Quote from: AEM on January 30, 2018, 12:28:22 AMYou do have to be careful with some of these reels. I recently bought a 349 on ebay that was advertised to have a "perfect aluminum spool" and when I got it I found that it was a chrome spool that was painted black. I did get a fast response and refund from ebay.

I've seen listings describing the spool as "chromed brass" when it was actually the more desirable stainless steel. Works both ways!

mikeysm

I had another 349hc today that I was out bid on but he had to pay a good price for it. $152.00 is a good price for a 349. Well they didn't get it for nothing and they can't sell it for much more. With me around bidding the 349h might gain in value. No more 75 dollar reels that are NOS more like 150 dollars if they want one. That's what I am willing to pay.

Mike

Keta

I just look at them and drool over my keyboard Mike.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

Lee I live alone and make enough money to pay for my addiction within reason. I thew out the blood sucker late last year. Life is so much easier without all that drama going on.

Mike