2 Speeded International II 20T questions

Started by mogambosquid, September 09, 2017, 10:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mogambosquid

Hey guys,

I picked up a Int.II 20T in pretty good condition, the reel has been converted to two speed and has 4:1 gears.  The mods look like Cal's but I am not certain and there is no sticker inside on the left sideplate.
Anyway, the reel still has the old style drag washer and I would like to convert it to HT100 or Dura drag material.  Does anyone have the part #s to do this?
Also, any thoughts about cutting the top crossbar to make the reel topless?  Will this compromise frame strength for a reel intended to fish 60#-80#?

Thanks for your thoughts.

handi2

That last time I checked they still have the Dura Drag replacement's for that reel. Www.mysticparts.com.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

mogambosquid

Thanks for info, it looks like MysticParts has it.   One more question, my existing drive plate looks like the old style, so I need the new style pinion gear as well, correct?

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Robert Janssen

There we are again with the aftermarket blue Smoooooth Drag disc.

You don't need to replace the entire assembly, only the drag washer itself. These were made with HT-100 for a long time. Are they not available someplace? If not Scott's, then Cal must have a giant stack of them somewhere.

Also, since this reel has been converted to two-speed, then what you were considering with buying a new pinion, becomes more difficult-- you would need the pinion for a 20S, and i don't think there ever was such a thing. I don't know offhand when they changed the pinion size either. It could very well be that your pinion's size is completely normal.

EDIT: See, here ya go... this is all you need. A 6A-30 for 23 bux.

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/6A-30.aspx

Or, as Handi2 suggested, the Dura Drag version part number 117DN for 53 bux.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

mogambosquid

Cool!  $23 and a dab of Cal's grease and I'm set.
Thanks for clearing that up, much appreciated.