Exceller Magnetic Backlash Alignment

Started by KogaHead, September 11, 2017, 04:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KogaHead

I took apart the left side of the reel. Cleaned it and got it back together. The numbers on the magnetic backlash no longer are correct. I did not know how to align the dial with the magnet when reassembling the reel. It works fine, but the numbers are not aligned right with the magnet.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

From the schematic it looks like the magnet holder (240-1952) fits into the set plate (220-3030).  See if the shaft on the brake adjustment knob (550-1610) has a spine or protrusion that will only let it fit one way into the set plate.  The protrusion may be broken off or it may not exist.  You can try turning the set plate by hand until the ramp is retracted all the way, then tighten the set plate screw (460-5410) with the brake adjustment knob in the zero position. 
http://www.siamfishing.com/diagram/view.php?mid=632

If all else fails, post some photos of the knob shaft and set plate.
-steve

Cor

I am presuming this is about the baitcasting reel, please confirm the model number or load a picture or two.
I have never worked on this reel but have made and adjusted mags in a variety of reels, maybe can help if I can see what it is.
Cornelis

Bryan Young

I serviced one similar to the reel that you are speaking off, I think.  I set the magnets in place where it has the least resistance to pull one way or the other.  I also dial the adjustment know to zero.  Then I mate the two together and you should have full range after that.  Any mis-alignment will limit your magnetic range adjustment.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Hamachi

If it's anything like the procaster series, just set it at 10 before reassembling.
The rail is your friend, no zing pow, on the iron wenches, I like broccoli!