Vision issues after maintenance

Started by Ruedassamba, September 11, 2017, 11:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruedassamba

Hey guys,

I've been working on reels all day and I sat down to have a beer and watch football. I'm experiencing some vision issues - almost like blind spots, but very colorful. I assume I got something I've had on my hands in my eyes. I've been using Simple Green, Cal's, Corrosion X, and Yamaha Marine Grease. A good flush and eye drops have helped a bit, but still not normal. There has been no irritation and my eyes aren't red.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Midway Tommy

Might be floaters and could be caused by the chemicals.
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Ruedassamba

Definitely reminds me of the little floaters you see once in a while, but more intense. It has settled down a lot thankfully.

alantani

i have floaters, too.  gotta get your eyes checked.  make sure your retina is properly tacked down. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lunker Larry

Could be an ocular migraine. Had them from eye strain after long hours of driving and once when preparing a big document on the computer. Long hours staring at the screen and not blinking.  what I had was blind spots, where I knew I should be seeing something but nothing was there.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Dominick

Speaking of optical migraine it can come on by dehydration.  I have had them after fishing in hot weather.  It will go away by drinking a tall glass of water and sitting with your eyes closed for 5 minutes or so.  If that does not work by all means get your eyes checked.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

handi2

The doctor told me if you see bright spots get in as fast as you can. I have floaters in both eyes but you get used to it. At first you keep swatting bugs that aren't there..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Keta

Most greases have farely benign solvent carriers but nytril gloves are a good idea.  Some of the cleaners I use are not so friendly, some melt nytril gloves.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

newfuturevintage

Quote from: Lunker Larry on September 12, 2017, 09:07:51 PM
Could be an ocular migraine. Had them from eye strain after long hours of driving and once when preparing a big document on the computer. Long hours staring at the screen and not blinking.  what I had was blind spots, where I knew I should be seeing something but nothing was there.

I'll get these from time to time. First one was doing a lot of B&W photo enlargement in a home darkroom around 20-25 years ago. I also thought it was the chemicals at the time, but while I no longer have the darkroom, I still get the ocular migraines.

Stress triggers 'em more than anything else, but so can going too long without eating. I'm glad Dominick mentioned dehydration, because I think that's also a factor for me. They kinda look like colorful pulsating stripes, and they move slowly over the course of the episode. Typically starting at the edge of peripheral vision, then moving to the center of my field of vision and back again. If I'm really lucky, they get replaced by a splitting headache (fortunately this is rare). Entire episode usually lasts less than 10 minutes if I eat something and take it easy, maybe up to around 20 if I try to keep doing what I had been without addressing the issue.