Hi from Santa Cruz

Started by SantaCruzMT, September 12, 2017, 03:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SantaCruzMT

Hi Everyone,
Been fishing local rock fish, lingcod and striper for about 4 years now and just started taking 1-2 day trips out on San Diego last year. Hoping to soak up some of the excellent tips and information from people who have been fishing and tinkering with their rods and reels for far longer than me.

Tight lines,

Mike

alantani

i'm just over the hill from you.  anything you need, let me know!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

foakes

Welcome aboard, Mike --

Plenty of help available on Alan's Site --  for your type of fishing, gear, and area.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Hi Mike,

Welcome aboard.

Alan is your man to talking about what's needed and what you have will do or needs improvement.

Good to have ya.

Bryan

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tiddlerbasher

Hi Mike - welcome from the UK :)

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

happyhooker

Glad you're with us, Mike.

Frank

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

scrinch

Hi Mike. Welcome.  I lived in Santa Cruz for 6 years, but now I'm up in the North Bay....Santa Rosa.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

pjstevko

Hi Mike welcome to the club. It's a great mix of guys here with unbelievable amount of knowledge to take advantage of.....

I'm gonna be in Santa Cruz next month and just posted a question about fishing in the area...so if you get a minute check out this thread....

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=22804.msg249788#new

again Welcome ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dominick

Good to have you on board Mike.  Dominick San Mateo CA
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

joesan

Welcome and you have come to the site with super knowledge and friendly help.
I'm new too. Live in Idaho where I can fish from my back yard, but used to live in San Jose (Almaden). No more driving 5 hours to fly fish for trout.
"The More Laws, The Less Justice"   Cicero