Shark Hunter Rod

Started by Shark Hunter, December 06, 2014, 09:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

They are out there. Closer than you think. ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 14, 2014, 05:17:38 AM

I should show you some of the data from my friend's lab (University of Hawaii Shark Lab).  You would be surprised how many large sharks come up into shallow water regularily here in HI. 
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Its not just Hawaii John. This past May, my Wife saw a 10 footer just cruising in between the swimmers in Fort Walton Beach.
They had no idea. :o
Life is Good!

Topshot

Just wanted to show y'all what this rod can do. This is the same blank doing a #70 dead lift  ;D
Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after.
Michael Baughman

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Topshot on December 15, 2014, 02:42:53 AM
Just wanted to show y'all what this rod can do. This is the same blank doing a #70 dead lift  ;D

That's a beast of a blank! Catlett wait to see the catches Darin gets

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Shiftee

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 14, 2014, 05:17:38 AM
That's one sweet rod. I want one! Then again I don't think I've got a big enough reel to dignify that bad boy.

It still surprises me when you run into people, typically ones who don't fish, and they don't realize how common it is for big sharks to be in shallow water. We were out on the Kure pier last October. Couple days later I was messing around with Ocearch's shark tracker and saw that Mary Lee, a 16ft. 3400lb white, cruised right by that night.

Shark Hunter

I mounted a 14/0 with stainless sleeve to the "Hulk".
My line up is getting a lot nicer. I started out with Davis and eat my tackle rods.
from right to left. Seeker Classic with a 9/0 and Silver 1/2 Frame. Then the Berserker Calstar Baby Boomer with a 12/0, Rainshadow Shark Hunter with the 14/0 and a 12/0 on a 6' Penn International Rod I'm going to give my Son as a Christmas Present.
Life is Good!

Shiftee

I think you've got too many. I heard about this great new charity called "Donate a shark rig to Shiftee". You should check it out. I can give you their contact info and everything.  ;D

Shark Hunter

Hang around Shiftee. I got all the gear except for the Beserker Rod from members Here! ;)
Life is Good!

steelfish

I was searching the web for a 130lb rod and it sent back me here  ;D ;D

Daron, I missing the pics compadre.

Chris, can you please tell me what blank model is Daron's fishing rod?
it the E-glass or Solid glass?
Im thinking to build me a Grouper / Shark rod for my International 50s
I already have a super Seeker 60-80 lb but to me it feels like a 60lb (I might be wrong), many local guys have broken 80lb rods on groupers and locked drags, so I would like to be one step above.

I really dont want a broomstick with no sensitive tip at all, I would to use it from trolling too, if what I want doesnt exits them I might go down to 80-100lb rod.

Quote from: Topshot on December 07, 2014, 03:06:20 AM
Thanks guys. Sorry it took so long. Between moving to a new house and working and the post office closing at 4 when I get off of work at 3:30 lol. But I'm glad you like it. We had originally planned on Stuart roller guides but fishing in the sand I figured Fuji Sic guides would be better in the long run. Definitely not close to professional but hey I think its nice. I know a lot of people aren't fans of marbling but to be honest I've gotten really bored of the look of thread work. And marbling a rod full length is not as easy as it looks, trust me. I'm only 23 years old so I have a while to perfect the Art
The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

It is a Rainshadow 80-130 E Glass Blank. It is one of my Favorites. It really isn't a Broomstick, but it has a lot of back bone.
I fixed the pics Amigo.
Chris, unfortunately is no longer a member here.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15947.msg165436#msg165436

Life is Good!

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on September 06, 2017, 02:27:03 AM
It is a Rainshadow 80-130 E Glass Blank. It is one of my Favorites. It really isn't a Broomstick, but it has a lot of back bone.
I fixed the pics Amigo.
Chris, unfortunately is no longer a member here.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=15947.msg165436#msg165436

Thanks for fixing the pics

That's a nice bend on the Rod, it looks perfect for my intended use, thanks a lot amigo
The Baja Guy