My C.C. Jigmaster collection

Started by Gfish, September 15, 2017, 09:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

I got(so far) the three "main" Cortez Conversion Jigmasters: a 501, a 99 and a 500. Someday, perhaps I'll get a "super jigmaster" and a "magnum".
For the first time ever, I considered matching up the colors, hence the silver knob(Smoooth Drag product) on the silver 99. Overall, there's a pretty good mix of diffrent parts.
The 501's got a Tiburon frame with C.C. side plates, the other 2 are complete C.C. Kits. The EVA knobs are from Pro Challenger and two of 'em have Allen C.'s gear sleeves, HX gear/drag set and double-dogged bridges.The 501's got stock steel gears with a Reel Speed 5 stack + the d.d. Bridge from Pro Challenger. Got a short 24-155 handle on the 500(still gotta test it on the water), stock 24-66 on the 99 and a 3-7's titainium on the 501(my "strength" jiggy), 2--"Maxed Out" shift levers and a stock on the 501, all stock stars, etc.,etc. I'm sure individual parts will change eventually.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bryan Young

Wow  Nice collection you got there.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

anglingarchitect

Very Nice, You got it pretty bad, it looks like you may have an addiction problem like so many here!

lol

Mark

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

steelhead_killer

Nice!  What rods did you match them with?

Andy
><)))">

Alto Mare

Very nice reels Greg, Tom does some amazing work. The 112HX and 113HX are some of the best gears out there.
Enjoy those!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

MarkT

Okay, now you're just bragging. I would too with a collection like that!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Gfish

Quote from: steelhead_killer on September 16, 2017, 12:15:26 AM
Nice!  What rods did you match them with?

Andy

Shimano Trevala TVC-66M, a fair to middlin jig stick, Shakespear Ugly Stick USBWB1525C561 BIG Water, on the cheap side,but better than... (Get ready to rush out and buy this one!)a $30 Penn mariner MB1530C60. Just can't get into the good rods when it's not fly fishing,  where I used to spend large portions of my meager disposable income on top a the line Sage's, Loomis' and Orvis', then I always went el-cheapo on the reels. A 2 - 5 hunderd dollar fly reel?!? What's that about? Perhaps related to those Fly Fishin magazine adds I used to see:"For the discriminating fly fisherman...", upper class resort advertisements and what not.
Gfish
Edit: Trevala/501-65#braid & short mono leader; Ugly Stick/99-50#braid-short mono leader and Mariner/500-50#braid & 20 yd. topper.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Midway Tommy

Pretty cool,Greg. I like the color variation!
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

mo65

Very Nice Gfish! I don't have a C.C. Jiggy yet...still tryin' to pay off my C.C.
Squidder! :D
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~