Finessa Variations

Started by Rivverrat, September 16, 2017, 01:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Was tearing down some reels to put in the sonic cleaner when I noticed this new to me variation on a Finessa spool.
Where the spool locks on the spool shaft cross pin it is steel verses bronze. I think this may be an earlier model. I like it better than what I've normally  been seeing.
However both styles would work well. I would like to see the machine that riveted / peened that assembly in place. May be the best I've seen on a mass produced reel /tool of any kind. Spool on right is the one I'm talking about..Jeff

foakes

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 16, 2017, 01:36:24 AM
I would like to see the machine that riveted / peened that assembly in place. May be the best I've seen on a mass produced reel /tool of any kind.

Got to have a lot of respect for the engineers of these reels --

Using Aircraft grade aluminum, bronzes, and brasses together.

This is the same country where Willy Messerschmidt designed one of the best fighter planes ever built -- in 1937 (a mere 35 years after the Wright Brothers flew a rickety string and stick affair the length of a football field on a sandy and barren beach at Kitty Hawk, North Carolina).

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

handyandy

I'll have to try and remember to check my finessa to see what style I have.

festus

My Finessa has a metal spool, same as the one on the left.

Rivverrat

Thats the one I'm seeing the most of...Jeff