Slow Smoking Some Porcine Perfection

Started by ChileRelleno, September 16, 2017, 05:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

We're having one of our nephews and his newlywed wife over tonight, going to entertain them with a nice BBQ dinner.
Nice young couple, so young, so naive and starry eyed... :rolleyes:
Oh to be young and so energetic again.

The Menu

Entrees
St. Louis Ribs, Dry Rubbed
Pork Belly Burnt Ends
Sides
Grilled Cob Corn
Whup@ss Coleslaw
Dessert
Fried Plantains with Caramel sauce

Three racks of St. Louis ribs dry rubbed and awaiting the caress of Cherry and Hickory

A rack of Pork Belly ready to be transformed into delectable deliciousness

Oh Yeah, I know you'll be waiting for the final here

More to Come

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

I forgot to post Breakfast

Machacado con Cebollas y Pimientos

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

ChileRelleno

Oooooh Yeah Baby, Low-n-Slow!

The Ribs

And the PBBEs

Ragnar Benson:

David Hall

That is absolute heaven in a tin basket there Chilli.

Alto Mare

Had something similar last evening, but your look much better and I'm sure must taste amazing.
Some roasted long hots and a couple of beers to accompany those and I would be set.

Always a great meal Chile.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Sides
Grilled Cob Corn
Whup@ss Coleslaw

Dessert
Fried Plantains with Caramel sauce Honey/Brown Sugar and Cinnamon

Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Entrees

St. Louis Ribs, Dry Rubbed

Pork Belly Burnt Ends

Money Shot

Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: David Hall on September 16, 2017, 09:28:23 PM
You know it David, the Burnt Ends from a Brisket Point or Pork Belly are the pinnacle of decadent BBQ.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 16, 2017, 09:37:31 PM
Had something similar last evening, but your look much better and I'm sure must taste amazing.
Some roasted long hots and a couple of beers to accompany those and I would be set.

Always a great meal Chile.

Sal

Thanks Sal, too kind.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:

Three se7ens

Quote from: ChileRelleno on September 17, 2017, 12:52:33 AM
Quote from: David Hall on September 16, 2017, 09:28:23 PM
You know it David, the Burnt Ends from a Brisket Point or Pork Belly are the pinnacle of decadent BBQ.

Theres this world famous little hole in the wall bbq place on st simons island that serves up incredible food.  I hit it up every chance I get.  They have a burnt ends sandwich thats as good as they come.