Jigmaster Clicker help

Started by nlam004, September 18, 2017, 03:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nlam004

Hello all,

I was fishing my narrow jig master and the line got inside the left side plate and wrapped around the clicker tongue.  I hooked a fish in the process of trying to correct it and it put lateral pressure on the clicker tongue.  Long story short, the clicker won't engage with the wheel anymore.  The peen on the button and tongue are still tight and immovable, but there is a lot more dead space than I remember, so the tongue has a lot more movement which would explain why it no longer stays engaged with the wheel.

Should I just peen another button and tongue or do you guys have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Nick

alantani

wow!  never seen this happen before!  

the schematics at mysticparts.com shows a separate button and click tongue, but no c-clip.  not sure how you'd put the new one together.  

https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/501.pdf

the schematic for the the 113h senator show the same click tongue 35-60 but a different click button 35-113 and it takes a c-clip 69B-600

https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/501.pdf

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

anyone know if the 113h set will work on a jigmaster?????
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ron Jones

I had a tongue come out of a vinegar soak that did that. The tongue corroded around the hole. I'm not much for clickers and so I just fish it that way. It does seem to let in a little more water.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Tightlines667

The 113 clicker parts will fit.  

The important thing is to determine how long the clicker button post is.  The older style (which is peeked on) is shorter, the newer ones (same as 113) with C clips are longer.  You could either Dremel off the old one, and repeen a new one, or get the newer style with extra delron spacers and install with a C-clip.  Tom at Cortez conversions has the Newell C-clip clicker kits with delron spacers.  if you email him, I am sure he would hook you up with what you need...

https://www.mysticparts.com/PennParts/Parts/36-60CH.aspx

Otherwise, just order the direct replacement from mysticparts, or get the 113 parts, and order some delron spacers (not sure if mysticparts has these available?).

Be careful to use wood support on the clicker button when peening.

John

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackles old online store over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Swami805

I took a look at the cortez conversion Newell clicker and it will work on a 500 side plate with the take down screw (I think that's an S?) but not the older ones, they're too thin unless you used several spacers. I have some side plates in the boneyard I'll likely never use, I'll send you one for the cost of postage, no black ones though. You'd be doing me a favor, I could tell my wife " Look honey I don't need the anti-hoarding meds anymore"
Do what you can with that you have where you are

nlam004

Thanks guys!  I'll probably just order a new one and peen it in.

Bill B

Im sure it's me, but I do not see the problem with that clicker...could it be the clicker star on the spool that is bad?  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!