Senator 4/0 Pinion

Started by zanereifers, September 20, 2017, 12:03:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

The tabs on your Jack might not be adjustable. There are two types of Jack for this reel, one punched, but still connected at both ends and one punched, but opened at one end. The opened tab will allow you to slide a flat head screwdriver to lift it a little.
Check the yoke if it is bent, I have replaced a few. If it has a little bend it will need to be replaced.
I'm leaning towards the spool shaft though.
Take a closer look there and see if you notice any nicks or burrs. It's a good idea to slide the pinion on the shaft by hand and see if it gets caught anywhere. Slide it with very little pressure.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 24, 2017, 10:33:27 AM
The tabs on your Jack might not be adjustable. There are two types of Jack for this reel, one punched, but still connected at both ends and one punched, but opened at one end. The opened tab will allow you to slide a flat head screwdriver to lift it a little.

Sal

Hi, Sal !

I posted some pics of the two types of Eccentric Jacks, earlier in the thread.

I never did like the design that was open at one end.

Tight Lines !

Alto Mare

Quote from: ez2cdave on September 24, 2017, 12:45:06 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on September 24, 2017, 10:33:27 AM

Sal

Hi, Sal !

I posted some pics of the two types of Eccentric Jacks, earlier in the thread.

I never did like the design that was open at one end.

Tight Lines !
Oops...sorry Dave I drove right over that ;D.
Stainless steel ones would be the ticket.

Sorry for the derailment  zanereifers...I'm still thinking your problem is related to the spool shaft.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Gfish

Hopefully not gonna add confusion to this thread, but probably important to get both the eccentric jack tabs measured even in height if you can/do adjust them. Also what Sal said, the pinion may be hangin up on the spool shaft. Fine steel-wool wrapped on a drill bit, used to "polish" the inside a the pinion sometimes does the trick. Check the spool shaft for nicks or burrs, though this is less likely.
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Donnyboat

are you sure the external leaver on the outside of the face plate is engaging, has the screw come loose allowing the lever to sip of, not turning the eccentric, good luck cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

zanereifers

Thanks guys for the help, it did end up being a problme with the spool shaft not coming out of the baring easily. Mixed it up and the reel is working fine now.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!