Can Anyone Identify This Gear

Started by Rivverrat, September 20, 2017, 02:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

Ran into some miscellaneous Quick parts the gear on the right was labeled for a 110N. The gear on the left is from my 110N.
I believe this gear on the right is for an N model but not sure.
Fred, any one who might know what Quick reel ? ....Jeff

foakes

Looks to be about the size of a 330 or the older Finessa 330 size.

Could be an "N" series.

It is odd that you bring this up -- since I just realized I have hundreds of new DQ gears -- and cannot recall ever replacing more than perhaps one or two in a few thousand rebuilds.

When you look at the metals and construction, and drive shafts on those gears -- you realize why they are so bulletproof.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rivverrat

As always Fred, THANKS !  
The cost of this gear was pocket change. So I figured what the heck. But from now on I will check with you first & then I can be rest assured I'm getting what I need or just desire to have around just in case the worse happens.

The 2 reels I have with worn gears also have cranks with a lot of slop. My guess is some one over time was turning the handle repeatedly against heavy loads. Something that would wreck most any spinning reel.