Coming to terms with my addiction

Started by jackpine, September 22, 2017, 02:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

John,

Post your home address and AT.com members of good standing will stop by and HELP relieve you of your pain of addiction!!!!

I've got my eyes on the 650SS!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on October 31, 2017, 11:10:43 PM
I wish it were that simple...there's another hundo at the cabin....about 130 rod blanks scattered... another hundo in the shop in miscellaneous totes.... probabaly a couple dozen I could build from parts given time.....BUT I just scored a $12 Surfmaster to put way too much money into!!!
have you been dishing that's when you catch a deer on rod and reel  :D

thorhammer

Quote from: El Pescador on November 01, 2017, 04:30:30 PM
John,

Post your home address and AT.com members of good standing will stop by and HELP relieve you of your pain of addiction!!!!

Wayne

Just one? maybe I should take a pic of the tote full of greenies, Z's and SS's...and my matched pair of 430 SS's :)

Decker

Quote from: thorhammer on November 01, 2017, 08:37:17 PM
Just one? maybe I should take a pic of the tote full of greenies, Z's and SS's...and my matched pair of 430 SS's :)

That stuff needs to get out and breathe some good salt air... 

thorhammer

Quote from: Decker on November 01, 2017, 02:03:38 PM
Quote from: thorhammer on November 01, 2017, 01:52:11 PM
That's where the 980 and 525 Mag shine brightest. The SS's are for nights with a lot of wind. If you look at mine closely, I think second from left, you will see a vintage Harnell rootbeer blank wrapped in orange to match the burgundy Squidder with amber handle...my favorite ole-skool.

Is the 980 better than the 970 for surf chunking?  I have both but need to fix up the 980.  I've heard that the wider spools are better for casting, but everyone seems to go narrow these days.    Have you tried the SQL15?  Does it compare well to a slosh?  (I should probably start another thread.)

I like the 980 when drum fishing because I catch more car-hood rays than drum, and with 125 yards already out the 970 doesn't leave a lot after that. a hundred yard run leaves you with a small, slow spool at that point. That said the 970 casts like a dream; Sal has doubled-dogged me a plate and I am looking forward to using it anyway. I like like the 525 Mag better than my Slosh or SHSV's because it has magnet and rubber handle. Casting and performance about same otherwise. Havent tried SQuall because I don't buy new reels...the 525 may have been the last one lol....

El Pescador

Quote from: thorhammer on November 01, 2017, 08:37:17 PM
John,

Wayne

John,

I'll tell you what I mentally "Tell" Chili when I look at the All Meat Marvels he is BBQ'n on a given Saturday nite...

Man, You're Killing ME!!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Decker

Be careful about what you give away online too...  We're shooting the breeze with our buddies here, but anyone on the Internet can get the same info ::)

Crow

Decker has that right !  With just a bit of "looking" on the web, a low-life can show up at your house ....with a shopping list ! Electronically speaking, you never just "talk" to one person.......it's a dang shame that it has to be that way, ...but it is !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Gobi King

Hey, hold my beer while I go clean another reel  ;D
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

ez2cdave

John,

Wayne

Yes . . . Have GPS, will travel !

Tight Lines !

Decker

I'm hooked.   Been thinking about how impractical it is for me to get so involved in these reels, yet... I'm sure I want to do it.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=23593.msg261565#msg261565