Main Menu

Going Flat Out

Started by ChileRelleno, September 23, 2017, 12:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Going Flat out, as in taking the Flat to the smoker biggrin.gif
Along with a couple of fat YardBirds on the grill and some killer Bacon/Garlic Brussell Sprouts in cast iron.

I've a nice 8.76# Choice brisket flat all rubbed with Coarse Sea Salt, freshly cracked Peppercorns and granulated Garlic/Onion.

It went into the smoker at 0500, temp 275°-300°, over Hickory.

Three and half hours in

As usual and early start requires a good breakfast

Migas

Fresh homemade tortilla chips cooked in scrambled eggs
Garnished with fresh salsa and shredded Chihuahua cheese
Sided with Southwestern Loaded Homefries

Stay tuned for more...
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

broschro

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

ChileRelleno

Cast Iron Brussell Sprouts with Bacon, Onion and Garlic

Grilled Chicken

Hickory Smoked Brisket Flat

Money Shot

Ragnar Benson:
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:

MarkT

You almost make Brussel sprouts appealing!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: MarkT on September 24, 2017, 03:31:15 AM
You almost make Brussel sprouts appealing!
;D Add enough bacon to some things and it's good to go.
I've always like Brussell Sprouts, even as a kid.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Quote from: broschro on September 23, 2017, 01:00:54 PM
You are making me hungry.
That's kind'a the idea... Well, and to share recipes.
Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:

ChileRelleno

Brisket Tacos

Yep, my favorite thing to do with leftover meats, make tacos!
Always a delicious lunch the day after.

Brown some corn tortillas with butter in the cast iron.
Take all those yummy trimmings and pieces, a few pats of butter and a teaspoon of water in a container and steam it lightly.
Lay down a bed of shredded Chihuahua cheese, top with brisket and slather with some good hot sauce.

Ragnar Benson:

handi2

These pictures should not be allowed  ;D
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

Yo Chile, from the way you've been cooking lately you could use some help cleaning up:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=women+eats+a+72+oz+steak#id=2&vid=e0eaa6fa31aab539644c260619c330a9&action=click

Good job as usual, everything looks good.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 25, 2017, 02:08:04 AM
Yo Chile, from the way you've been cooking lately you could use some help cleaning up:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=mcafee&p=women+eats+a+72+oz+steak#id=2&vid=e0eaa6fa31aab539644c260619c330a9&action=click

Good job as usual, everything looks good.
I'd have to Tase her to make sure anyone else got something to eat.
Ragnar Benson:

Dominick

Quote from: ChileRelleno on September 25, 2017, 02:18:02 AMI'd have to Tase her to make sure anyone else got something to eat.

Now that made me laugh.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.