Penn 500 left handed gear sleeve

Started by mikeysm, September 25, 2017, 01:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman_WC

Walnut Creek, CA

alantani

ok, before you guys get ahead of yourselves, i only have two of the fine thread left handed 98-505 SS gear sleeves left.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

mikeysm

Alan is right there are not enough sleeves. You can order a tap through johnston industrial supply in
modesto ca. Its also called jisco and there might be one in your area. I would pefer getting someone to make a left hand sleeve with a standard right hand fine thread . But you would need enough orders.

Mike

Petah

Thanks for the info Mike!! I'll look into the tap. When/if I get it I will make it available
to members who make stars so that we all can use those sleeves that Alan had made!!!!
Will keep everyone posted!!

Peter

Petah

Sorry it took so long! I got the tap and sent it off to Lee. Just had a conversation with Alan C. and he is interested in
making a run of Jigmaster (98-505) S.S. left handed gear sleeves with a gear set!!!! He's gonna let me know what his "Resource" says!!!

Peter

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Petah

Lee,

You sent me a message saying that you had received it already!!!! Even asked me what size star I wanted.

Peter

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

mikeysm

You still have a problem there are no left handed bridges anywhere. I wanted the left hand sleeve for my left handed 49L.

Mikr

Petah

Mike,
        I've been configuring stock bridges with custom dogs on the bridge in a drop-in style so you don't have
to grind out the sideplates. It's not very hard to do! Just time consuming so patience is a must. If you don't mind throwing the
eccentric lever forward for freespool and having the clicker towards the front, it works out pretty good. I've done two
Jigmasters with Alan's S.S. lefty sleeves and they are holding up so far!!! Food for thought!!

Peter

mbyoung

I have 3 fine threaded left hand 500 gear sleeves from Alan. I also need drag stars. Can anyone help with this?

Petah

Lee,
      Any time frame on the stars???

Peter