Dam Quick drag kit

Started by Three se7ens, September 25, 2017, 01:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

I have had a few people asking for drag kits for the Dam Quick 270 and 275, so I will do a small run for anyone who is interested.  

The metal washers are 0.030" thick grade 5 titanium, which is the same as I use in my insert drag kits.  The carbon fiber I have on hand is 0.040" thick, but if there is enough interest, I could get something thinner.  

I can sell the washers individually, or I can put together a kit.  Whatever you guys would prefer.  

I attached a PDF with the dimensions if anyone wants to check this against other models it may fit as well.  Im not familiar with these reels, so any input is welcome.

Comment here to reserve what you want, but payment wont be due until the parts are completed and ready to ship.  

handyandy

Are these 220 or super 275 drag kits? Description says 220, had the link to here in a super 275 topic. Just curious I would buy a two kits for a 275 and even one for a 220.

Three se7ens

Quote from: handyandy on September 25, 2017, 02:08:29 PM
Are these 220 or super 275 drag kits? Description says 220, had the link to here in a super 275 topic. Just curious I would buy a two kits for a 275 and even one for a 220.

Typo on my part, original post edited.  Sheridan's was a 275 and Steves was a 270.  The washers for both measured the same.  Also saw mention of a 550 using the same washers as well. 

Rivverrat

Any idea on cost per set ?   I could use at least a dozen for my 270's maybe more if these will fit the 550.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 25, 2017, 09:30:42 PM
Any idea on cost per set ?   I could use at least a dozen for my 270's maybe more if these will fit the 550.

The pricing will depend on the quantity.  Id figure around $1.50 per washer, either titanium or cf.  It could go down if I can do a bigger batch, or potentially go up some if a special material is requested(i.e. thinner carbon fiber).  I can give a better idea of the pricing once I see how many people may be interested. 

mo65

I'll have to have a set of these. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

handyandy

I would buy two full sets of titanium and CF washers.

Rivverrat

I would like these in a kit form. I dont want to speak for every one but from what I gatther most are desiring a complete kit. Please speak up if I have this wrong.  

With the thinner metal washers is there room for more washers in the stack than with the stock confguration ? ...Jeff

Bryan Young

Hi Adam,

Would you please attach a 1:1 PDF drawing that I could print and place my washers over to see how they fit?

Thank you.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Three se7ens

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 27, 2017, 11:55:47 PM
Hi Adam,

Would you please attach a 1:1 PDF drawing that I could print and place my washers over to see how they fit?

Thank you.

Bryan

See my first post.  Its there, right above the attached picture. 

Bryan Young

Thanks Adam. I didn't see those small words or letters. Ah, the sign of older age.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

handyandy

I prefer just a kit I have made my own cf washers for these reels starting with ones meant for something else, but I would just prefer a kit as I'm sure your cf washers are cut better. I would buy two kits for sure possibly more in the future if I were to acquire more supers which I'm sure I would when I can get deals on them.

Rivverrat

Adam, no hurries at all, just wondering any idea when these may be available ? Dont want to be left out on these.... Jeff

Three se7ens

Quote from: Rivverrat on October 25, 2017, 07:43:56 PM
Adam, no hurries at all, just wondering any idea when these may be available ? Dont want to be left out on these.... Jeff

Im going to put in the order next week.  I just received the cf sheets yesterday. 

I have 0.5mm, 0.7mm, and 1.0mm available.  What would you all like for these kits?

Rivverrat

Whats the benefit of going thinner or thiicker ? Does thinner equal more washers giving smoother drag ?  Something I have no experience messing with.... Jeff