Dam Quick drag kit

Started by Three se7ens, September 25, 2017, 01:45:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Quote from: Rivverrat on October 26, 2017, 01:47:48 AM
Whats the benefit of going thinner or thiicker ? Does thinner equal more washers giving smoother drag ?  Something I have no experience messing with.... Jeff

Thinner means there is potential for more washers in the drag stack.  I dont know the min/max drag stack height that fits on these reels, so if anyone wants to measure theirs, Id love to hear it. 

Generally, more friction surfaces = smoother drag

Rivverrat

I get .279 for a dirty washer stack & around .410 for the stack recess in the spool.... I can mail out a couple of spools if you'd like ? ...Jeff

Three se7ens

I finally got around to pricing this out and finalizing the set. 

The set will include 3 each of the keyed titanium washers, and 3 each of the eared titanium washers, and 4 each 0.7mm carbon fiber drag washers.  The stack will only use 5 of the metal washers, so the user will have the choice of the keyed or the eared washers on both the top and bottom of the stack.  5 metal washers and 4 carbon fiber washers puts the nominal stack height at 0.267".

Price will be $18.50 per set.

swill88

Great timing Adam!

Three  Four sets for me please.

Steve

Alto Mare

This site can get anything done...good job on those Adam.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rivverrat

I have money for 6  now. I know I'll want more. But with Christmas funds are short... Jeff

handyandy

I will buy two please let me know how you want me to pay you.

handyandy

any word or update on being able to buy some of these drag kits?

Three se7ens

Still waiting on the rest of the parts from the cutter.  I hope to have kits ready to ship around the middle of next week.

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Rivverrat

Adam, be sure to give me a heads up on these when ready... Jeff   

Shark Hunter

You have my order Adam. Four sets for me.
Life is Good!

handyandy

As soon as you let me know how and when to pay I will buy two

xjchad

I'll take one set please Adam.  :)
Husband, Father, Fisherman

handyandy

Adam what is the word on these drag sets? Anxiously waiting to pay you for some of these I'll actually go with three of them now once your ready.