Hi From San Diego

Started by Backfisher, September 25, 2017, 08:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backfisher

Hi!

I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Richard and I hail from San Diego.  I stumbled across this website about a year ago, and have been amazed by the knowledge, generosity and spirit of the individuals that participate on this board.  Reading many of the tutorials gave me the courage to forget my first, and last, foray into reel maintenance (about 40 years ago, when I somehow forgot to replace the clutch springs in my Jigmaster, leading to a disaster of an albacore trip) and give servicing my own reels a shot.  Following the postings here I have been able to successfully clean and service my own reels.  It is quite an enjoyable way to spend an evening and quite a sense of accomplishment!  I must thank all of you for sharing all of your experience and wisdom.

Cheers,
Richard

Dominick

Welcome from San Mateo.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

foakes

Welcome aboard, Richard --

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

happyhooker

Hello & welcome. 

I got a sister-in-law in El Cajon.  Doesn't fish as far as I know.

I share  the sense of accomplishment with you at the end of a successful reel overhaul.  Taking something, maybe old, and making it better or saving it from the garbage.

Frank

Alto Mare

Hello Richard, welcome!

Best,
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Welcome Richard. You should join us one day fishing.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Benni3

Welcome from Salem Virginia  :D

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tiddlerbasher

Welcome from the UK Richard.

Donnyboat

Welcome Richard, from sunny Western Australia, good to here a man made a mistake, & admit it, if you place all your parts in order on the one container, should be nothing left over when you finnish your reel, happy fishing mate, cheers Don
Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

Good to have you here Richard....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!