P229 sideplate screws

Started by newtauk17, September 28, 2017, 11:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newtauk17

Hey guys....rebuilding reels out of parts and find I'm missing rt side plate screws.  So these are stainless (ss), roundhead, countersunk screws - two (2) long ones (.75") and one (1) short one (.25").  My local hardware store has quite the collection of ss machine screws, but not in this size - #5-40?  I hate to pay a $1 a piece or more on Ebay if I can help it.  Any suggestions appreciated.  Oh, also missing a handle to gearshaft nut - but I don't imagine those are readily available.  $10 on Ebay...Yikes!

Ko

alantani

i checked and i don't have the screws.  i do have the handle nut, but it's an order that i had custom made and they were $8 each at cost.  ebay may be the best option.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Swami805

Those set's on ebay are pretty decent for $9 shipped and they come with the threaded inserts which are hard to find. The guy ships fast too. Handle nuts are a though one. $8 from Alan seems more than reasonable.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

newtauk17

OK.  Alan - send me instructions (hope you take PayPal) and I'll buy one of the nuts from you.  Now that I think of it - I need one of the red plastic washers that go underneath the nut also.  I was hoping to find screws a bit more reasonable - but if Ebay is it - I'm on that.  Thank you so much for the input.

Kohei